We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three friends visiting NYC looking for a budget stay around

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Three friends visiting NYC looking for a budget stay around

Hi,

I and my two of friends wıll be visiting Manhattan at the end of February and we are looking for a one bedroom suite including a sofa bed option with reasonable prices. The idea we have also to stay out of Manhattan, maybe in Long Island City (or any other suggested place with easy access to subway)? Any suggestions on budget stays in LIC? Also I have heard from a friend that LIC area is not a safe area to stay, is it true? The max price range we can afford is 125-175$.

Thanks

hc

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three friends visiting NYC looking for a budget stay around

You should repost your question on the forum for New York City. Long Island City is part of NYC, and most people read the NYC forum, not this one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three friends visiting NYC looking for a budget stay around

I've been able to get rooms at the Hotel Newton on the upper west side of Manhattan for $140 - $150 in the past. It's a safe neighborhood and convenient to public transporation.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three friends visiting NYC looking for a budget stay around

Thx,I just posted it.

4. Re: Three friends visiting NYC looking for a budget stay around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 20:18