We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in the area winter season

New Jersey
Level Contributor
243 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in the area winter season

We will be staying in the Montauk area in a few weeks ( end of January) and other than Gurney's nothing seems to be open for dinner except options in East Hampton and Amagansett. Can anyone recommend anything closer to Montauk? Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,083 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in the area winter season

Gosman's at Montauk Dock is listed as being open "weather permitting" - I don;t know exactly what that means - but you are eating out over the water so I would expect it to be cold - and quite possibly closed You would have to check.

And this is on the far side of Montauk from Guerney's. Amagansett would probably be closer.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in the area winter season

I just looked on opentable.com and at least 4 places are open. You should also take a look on yelp.com and perhaps call a few places. Or call the concierge at your hotel (Gurneys?) and ask for local recommendations. January is a tough month, as most places close & go on well deserved vacations in the winter.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,019 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in the area winter season

I just called Harvest at Fort Pond for you and they,re open thru this Sunday and then close til Valentine,s day. They suggested calling the Montauk Chamber of Commerce who would have a list of places that will be open but I think the pickings will be slim at that time.

Edited: 08 January 2018, 21:14
4. Re: restaurants in the area winter season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2018, 10:31

Reply to: restaurants in the area winter season
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted