We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montauk

Which Montauk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New york city
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Montauk

The only accomodation that I can seem to find for a weekend in August is Kenny's Tipperary inn but there are absolutely no reviews or even photos of this place so I am concerned that it is not so great. has anyone stayed there? Any comments?

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Montauk

I would not stay there. Its on top of a restaurant/bar and it can be quite loud. Although it all depends on what you're coming out here for. If you're coming to relax... this isn't the motel for you. If you're coming out to party... than maybe it is.

Even still, i wouldn't spend my money on it. Did you call anywhere else?

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
324 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montauk

Holy Cow...I didn't even know they had rooms there...excpet maybe by the hour ;) THis is a typical rollickin' Irish type bar - and where we usually head to on St. Patrick's Day!

NYC
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montauk

We had a reservation at The Tipperary for 2 nights with a quote rate of $340 total, for both nights. (The Tipperary used to be known as the "Mold Motel" but parts of it have been renovated after a fire a few years ago. When we go there Friday afternoon, Eddie, the owner, rang us up for $620! (That's what they are getting ON the beach in town - not a 10 min drive away like the Tipperary). We told him he had made a mistake. We left, in desperate search of somewhere else to stay... a wonderful women at another motel helped us out and printed his online posted rates - $390 to $450 for 2 nights in July. We went back, paper in hand, to calmly discuss. He threw us off the property!!! Stay far away. He scams you by getting you there, not charging your card in advance on purpose, and then screws you over when you get there. All the other places are 99.9% booked, so he knows you are stuck! If you want more info, I'd be happy to share. Good luck! (Most of the other places in Montauk are fine.)

4. Re: Montauk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 20:18