We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Maryland
6 posts
Save Topic
restaurants

My family of four: me, my shell-fish loving husband, daughter (16) and son (12) are going to Montauk next week. We've already made reservations for the Harvest and plan on stopping by the Lobster Roll. We would appreciate any other recommendations for dining: food that is really good and not terribly expensive. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Montauk
Montauk
Hamptons, NY
East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

Well ENE (which is owned by the same people as the Harvest) is very good (asian twist), however it is expensive... like the harvest. Other than those two places, there is always Gosmans restaurant or The Inlet on East lake Drive.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Gosman's Restaurant
Gosman's Restaurant
457 Reviews
Montauk, NY
Inlet Seafood Restaurant
Inlet Seafood Restaurant
475 Reviews
Montauk, NY
Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
338 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

My vote goes to Gosman's. I love the atmosphere, the fish is fresh and really the prices are reasonable.

Mentioned in this post
Gosman's Restaurant
Gosman's Restaurant
457 Reviews
Montauk, NY
long beach
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

stay away from sunset saloon....

Port Washington...
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Harvest and Lobster Roll are two good choices. Another is Duryea's near the train station. We have been disappointed enough times at Gosman's with long waits, relatively high prices, and mediocre food to not return. Setting is not everything.

Mentioned in this post
Gosman's Restaurant
Gosman's Restaurant
457 Reviews
Montauk, NY
long beach
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

gossmans is a tourist trap..definetely go to Shagwong in the village...

East Hampton, NY
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

I would skip shagwong personally. Its where all the locals go and its mostly a bar crowd.

If you love shell fish, i'd go to The Inlet restaurant on East Lake Drive. Or head up into East Hampton and go to Bostwicks (mostly seafood menu).

Mentioned in this post
East Hampton
East Hampton
Hamptons, NY
Inlet Seafood Restaurant
Inlet Seafood Restaurant
475 Reviews
Montauk, NY
7. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 03:17