We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

Which Montauk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York,ny
Level Contributor
535 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

help! I asked this question before and I am still confused!

We are deciding on what to do for my sister's bachelorette party and we need some help!

First debating where to stay and what to do in Montauk. What hotel is considered the best/nicest in Montauk? Heard about Sole East, Montauk Yacht Club and Surf Lodge....

OAnother consideration is staying in Shelter Island at Sunset Beach.....would love some input.

not sure which place is better for us Shelter Island or Montauk

Thanks!

NYC
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

If you go to Montauk you will have far more options both in terms of restaurants and bars. A Saturday or Sunday night at Surf Lodge, if the weather is good, is really hard to beat! (Though I would book early if you're planning to do this in-season). Montauk also has lots of fun bar/restaurants (Navy Beach, Fishbar, Gosman's, etc.).

Shelter Island is quieter (and harder to get to) and there are far fewer restaurants and bars. Sunset Beach is a nice spot (and a "scene" on weekend nights), but the service is abysmal, and if you don't like it there, you really can't go anywhere else (unless you take the ferry into Sag Harbor).

What time of year are you planning?

Edited: 19 April 2011, 21:01
Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

Montauk Manor is a nice place and even has a restaurant on the premisies, tennis, a spa and some nice water views. They also have a van service to get you in and out of town and the beaches so you do not have to drive. A PLUS! Also, don't forget to visit the Gig Shack. It's next to the bait store on the main highway with good and reasonable food. Very casual. You can come there with sand in the flip flops and no problem! :)

long island
Level Contributor
48 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

You don't say how many people are in your group, but I would suggest staying at Sea Crest on the Ocean in Amagansette. It's located on the strip before entering Montauk, across the road from Cyril's. Place is right on the beach and has recently been renovated so everything is new and appealing. If you get rooms on the second floor, such as in the Rapallo building you'll have great unobstructed ocean views. The beach will be right outside your door.

Lots of great restaurants in Montauk, such as Harvest on Fort Pond and then there is always Cyril's for drinks and more drinks.

New York,ny
Level Contributor
535 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

Thank you! We ended up renting a house for the weekend. Appreciate all of the help!

5. Re: Girls weekend bachelorette party Montauk/Shelter Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 03:18