We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montauk in September

Which Montauk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Montauk in September

My husbank and I are thinking of heading to Montauk the 2nd or 3rd week in September. I'm just wondering if it is still nice that time of year. If we are there from Monday to Friday will the restaurants still be open?? Also just looked into the Ocean Beach Resort. Anyone have any thoughts on this place. We are looking to stay in a nice place but thats affordable. Any info would be great!

Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montauk in September

While the weather is usually beautiful at that time and sometimes the ocean is even warm enough for swimming, a lot of the stores and restaurants do close, esp. during the week or some close Tues/Wed/Thurs. That's not to say some won't be open, but it will likely to be the more casual/local places.

As to the hotel, you can see photos on their website and on travelers photos here on the review page. It's very basic motel style furnishings. I guess it depends on how fussy you are and what the price is relative to other options. I know people like the Panoramic View which is more recently updated although not as close to the center of town. I would also look at Ocean Colony Resort in Amagansett, which will provide closer proximity to more restaurants and the Hamptons.

Boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montauk in September

Thanks, this is very helpful. I had a feeling things may close down after August. I'll look into these other lodging options. Thanks again!

long island
Level Contributor
48 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montauk in September

Montauk in September, and even October, is terrific. Smaller crowds, warmer water, great weather. As for a place to stay, I would recommend Sea Crest. It's not in town but ideally situated right on the ocean. They have very nice and recently redone units there. My favorite is Unit 29 in the Rapallo building. It's an upper unit with great views of the ocean and beach. Just a short hop into town bur far enough to make you feel like you're on vacation. Be sure to eat at Harvest on Fort Pond while you're there, but make a reservation about 1 week in advance. Our favorite is calling Stewart's in Amagansett (seafood store) and ordering 2 lobsters, which they steam and crack. That plus a bottle of wine, sitting on the deck of the unit and watching the sun go down is the perfect way to end a great day in Montauk.

New York
Level Contributor
611 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montauk in September

Amagansett is still warm in Sept. We've rented in the summer and in Sept. and it has always been warm and sometimes as hot as Aug. Being right on the ocean is beautiful anytime of the year for us.

We have stayed many times over the past 15 yrs in Sea Crest. Ocean Colony & Tennis Club , Panoramic View and Windward Shores ( this only has 2 bedrms/2baths accommodations). with and without our children ( now adults) and they are all lovely and quick 10 min - 15 mins drive to town of Amagansett or Montauk,. The Clam Bar and Lobster Roll is w/in walking distance of SeaCrest, Ocean Colony and WIndward Shores.

Have fun in Amagansett!

5. Re: Montauk in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 04:15