We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Going crazy deciding where to stay with kids...

Ohio
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Help! Going crazy deciding where to stay with kids...

Hi, thank you in advance for all your help. I've been going nuts researching where to spend 2 nights with our 8 & 9 year olds in June; this would be a Monday and Tuesday night. This is will be add-on to a trip to Manhattan. We're renting a car once we leave the city and driving to Montauk.

We're not too concerned with price, we'd just like to keep it under $500/night. This is what we'd like to do: possibly stay on the beach, not sure if ocean-side or sound-side is best; take the kids trail hiking, to the beach, go on a fishing excursion (I've seen VIking Fleet advertised), and find a nice ice cream stand.

Any lodging recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at Montauk Yacht Club and Gurney's.

Thanks again :-)

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Going crazy deciding where to stay with kids...

Hi! I am not an expert on Montauk by any means! We've taken many daytrips. did stay once but not somewhere I would rec...LOL)

One place that caught our eye and if and when we decide to stay out there....we are going to try Hartman's...

http://www.brineybreezes.com/index.html

I would stay on the ocean side. The ocean is much prettier.

We spent the day on the beach by Hartmans and it was really nice. It is a few minute drive to town, but since you will have a car, I don't think that would be a problem. Seems like a nice quiet spot for a family.

Good Luck with your decision and have a great time!!!!!!!!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,050 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Going crazy deciding where to stay with kids...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48194-d93317-R…

3. Re: Help! Going crazy deciding where to stay with kids...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:40