We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive place to stay at Mohonk Mtn Preserv

NJ
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive place to stay at Mohonk Mtn Preserv

For Memorial Day weekend, I am planning on hiking at Mohonk's grounds and have dinner at the Mountain House. I am told that getting the reservation ensures that I will have a day pass for the grounds. Now I need a place to stay nearby, within 30 minutes is fine. (Mountain House is super expensive!) I have checked many b & bs provided by the New Paltz chamber of commerce. Not sure about Pinehaven B & B in Rosendale, Pioneer Cottage or Whispering Pines. I read some negative reviews here. Would love suggestions on nice places to stay in the area.

Mohonk Preserve
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Other Nature & Parks
Historic Huguenot Street
Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive place to stay at Mohonk Mtn Preserv

A bit late reading this but we agree prices have gone thru the roof at MMH, could go to the Caribbean for less.

We generally have lunch at Mohonk, the BBQ at the Granery is wonderful and you get to use the grounds and house all day.

Super 8 is inexpensive, clean and just 20 minutes from Mohonk, located at the thruway exit 18.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive place to stay at Mohonk Mtn Preserv

So sorry to have read this late...hope you found a good place to stay. We stayed at the "Victorian Knoll Bed and Breakfast" in Stone Ridge, NY. Prob. about 1 hr. from Mohonk, but a beautiful drive. Wonderful house and inkeepers...fun and lots of things to do....

3. Re: Inexpensive place to stay at Mohonk Mtn Preserv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 07:22
Get answers to your questions about New Paltz