We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halfway Point Between MA and Toronto

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
262 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Halfway Point Between MA and Toronto

My husband and I are heading to Toronto/Niagara Falls in August. We're looking for a hotel that is about halfway between Massachusetts and Toronto. Buffalo is too far (7 hrs. for us) and Albany is too close (less than 3 hrs for us). What cities/towns are in between Buffalo and Albany that won't be too far out of the way? I'm not sure if anyone can help us, but maybe someone more familiar with the state of NY than me can throw out some ideas.

Thanks,

Christine

PS I did post this in the Buffalo forum as well.

NY
Level Contributor
781 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halfway Point Between MA and Toronto

Syracuse is about midway between Buffalo and Albany. Near Syracuse is Chittenago Falls State Park which is a worthwhile stop.

If you have extra time you may want to stop at the Chautauqua Institution (www.ciweb.org) which is about 2 hours from Niagara Falls. They have a great summer season of music, dining, lectures, and all types of concerts. Not far from there is a LilyDale and you can read my review to see if that is the type place that interests you.

Have a nice trip.

2. Re: Halfway Point Between MA and Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 15:19