We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Touring

Can anyone help me with a route of points of interest. I have approx two weeks to travel from Washington (2 nt stay) to New York (2 night stay) making towards Niagra falls 2 night stay. Is this too far to travel in the time?

NY
Level Contributor
778 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring

DC to New York is about 4 hours and New York to Niagara Falls is about 7 hours. I personally don't think Niagara Falls is that big a deal. Anyway here

is an itinerary which you may like. You can research the areas and perhaps you'll want to skip some or spend more time in others.

DC - 2 nights

Gettysburg, Pa - 1 night - lots of history

Lancaster, Pa - 2 nights - Amish attractions - don't miss Wheatland either

Hershey, Pa - 1 night - amusement park and chocolate factory

NYC - 2 nights - to much to mention

Hudson Valley - 1 night - stop at West Point Military Academy or Storm King Art Center and if you like art and you there on a Saturday, try www.artalongthehudson.org

Ithaca, NY with waterfalls, wineries, and Cornell University - 2 nights

Letchworth State Park - night around that area

Niagara Falls - 2 nights

If it is during the summer here are 2 places a few hours from Niagara Falls that may interest you. One is the Chautauqua Institution (www.ciweb.org) and the second is LilyDale and you can read my review. If these places interest you then you would have to cut something else out probably.

Also note Ithaca is 2 hours from Cooperstown with The Baseball Hall of Fame and other museuems, a brewery, and Lake Otsego which is very nice.

Have a great trip and let us know how it goes.

2. Re: Touring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 17:20