We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maid of the Mist

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Maid of the Mist

Where abouts is the American side for the Maid of the Mist tour?

We will be staying in NYC and I really want to do this tour, does anyone have any advice

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maid of the Mist

You get the Maid of the Mist down river from the botom of the falls themselves - the tours are clearly signed when you're at the falls - can't miss them. If you're staying in New York, you'd need to travel up to Niagara and stay a couple of nights in order to make the most of the sights. It's a long drive - we did it from Boston, took about 8/9 hours of driving.

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maid of the Mist

I believe the Maid of the Mist is only acessable from the Canadian side of the Falls.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maid of the Mist

You believe wrong CBNS. The Maid of the Mist operates from both sides.

Niagara Falls, NY
Level Contributor
495 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maid of the Mist

And I don't want to pile on, but c'mon. "Maid of the Mist Corp." is an American company, and Tonawanda, NY, is only about 10 miles from Niagara Falls. You need to come visit more often!!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maid of the Mist

And just a warning, Niagara Falls is about an 8 hour drive from NYC. That's an expensive taxi ride!

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maid of the Mist

I must admit I have lived here for over 40 years and have never been on the Maid of the Mist. Shame on Me!!!

7. Re: Maid of the Mist

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:19