We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Agawam, MA
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

Does it matter which Maiden of the Mist tour you go on? Is one better than the other Canada or USA?

Thanks a ton! Can't wait to see the falls!!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
499 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

Don't know about the Maid of the Mist ride, but seeing the falls from the Canadian side is better. Since I was in Canada to see the falls, I took the Maid of the Mist from the Canadian side. There are lots of other ways to see the falls besides Maid of the Mist too.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,533 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

The ride is exactly the same from either side. The boats that operate from the U.S. side hold 300 people, the ones on the Canadian hold 600. Price on U.S. side - $13.50 and on Canadian side - $14.50. (don't know why that is)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

Where do I find out about the NY side for the Maiden of the Mist? All I can find is the Canada side website. We may not have passports in time to go to the Canada side.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,533 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

It's the same company and the same boats, one website covers all. The State Park site has a little info. niagarafallsstatepark.com/Activities_MaidOfT…

BTW, it's MAID of the Mist.

5. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 16:12
pittsburgh
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

The boat ride itself is exactly the same,getting to the boat is slightly different.US side,you ride an elevator down from a observation tower that juts out over the river by a few hundred feet.On the Canadian side you just kind of walk down to the boats on a path.Also after the ride on the US side you can climb up stairs and get right next to the american falls,which is really cool.This is impossible on the canadian side because you are docking across the river from the US falls.I have done both on different trips,and it really depends on which side of the border you will be on.I thing the US side is slightly better because of the added features before and after boarding,however if you are in Canada,it we be a pain to(or maybe impossible to cross the border,just to ride the maid of the mist.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

We've got most of our plans together now. We have one night booked on the US side at the Hampton Inn for July 29 and one night on the Canada side at the Embassy Suites for July 28. It says the room we booked at the Embassy Suites that we can watch the fireworks and illumination from our room. Really? We are also interested in the whirlpool boat thing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
759 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

When on the US side, don't forget to do the Cave of the Winds walk. It was a lot of fun and one of my favorite parts of the trip.

niagarafallsstatepark.com/Activities_CaveOfT…

I took the Maid of the Mist from both the US and Canadian sides. As I recall, they are the same.

Edited: 24 May 2010, 06:26
9. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 16:12
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,533 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maiden of the Mist Canada or USA

"On the Canadian side you just kind of walk down to the boats on a path"

Don't know where you got this from. There was an incline railway to get down to the boats for many years, and for the past 15 or so years, there have been several high speed elevators to transport people. In fact, people are not allowed to walk down.