We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of visiting... general questions

Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of visiting... general questions

Thinking of driving to Niagra from TN. We have the summer of and list to try new adventures. Will it be worth the drive?

Questions

Should we stay on the Canadian or American side? We have passports

Is it a big deal to drive our car across the border?

What are some good hotels that are around 100 (in july and mid week)?

We get bored easily so how many days should we stay?

Any good suggestions for golf nearby?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,735 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of visiting... general questions

Hi kkaylor7;

I'll reply to your questions in the order you posted them.

1) I would suggest reading these previous posts about "which side"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k22090…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g48261-i182-k27921…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g48261-i182-k351024…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g48261-i182-k356661…

2) No, not at all.

To be fair to the others on this forum, and not to be considered "Off Topic", I will suggest that you post your question on the Niagara Falls Canada forum for more information and assistance about the Canadian side.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagara…

Best Regards

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of visiting... general questions

Hi kkaylor7, to answer a few of you questions as best I can:

American vs. Canadian depends on if you like more action, lights and crowds (Canadian), or more quiet, park-like and less crowded (USA).

Not a big deal to drive across at all, but sometimes there are long waits.

Not sure about $100 hotels... that might not be possible during the tourist season (for a decent hotel).

I would stay 2 full days if you get bored easily, that's plenty. You could also make excursions like to nearby Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario: *beautiful* gardens and a gorgeous view where the Niagara River pours into Lake Ontario. There's a golf course there as well. Also, if you're in town during the week you can visit Buffalo's amazing City Hall, with free tours at noon weekdays, meet in the lobby:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60974-d276508/Buffal… On a clear day you can see the mist from Niagara Falls from the 28th floor observation deck. Buffalo is about 25 miles from Niagara Falls.

-Dee

Edited: 09 July 2010, 14:16
3. Re: Thinking of visiting... general questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 16:12
4. Re: Thinking of visiting... general questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 06:18