We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place for lunch close to Goat Island

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
best place for lunch close to Goat Island

Anyone have a recomendation for a restaurant for lunch that would be close to goat lsland for Two adults and a 7 year old boy. I'm really not interested in the typical chain restaurant, and it has to be clean!

Thanks,

Ron

Saxonburg, PA

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: best place for lunch close to Goat Island

There is a Hard Rock Cafe which is a chain of sorts but not one found in most areas. It is just outside of the park on the American side.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: best place for lunch close to Goat Island

I wouldn't go to the Hard Rock Cafe - it is overpriced and nothing special. Right near the entrance of the State Park, there is a 50's style diner - I think the name of it is Tommy soemething....kids would probably love it.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: best place for lunch close to Goat Island

hard rock is chump change compared to its canadian counterpart. going to hard rock on the us side after being in the goat island area is a great idea.

actually, i think the information center at goat island has a cafeteria where you can grab a quick bite.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: best place for lunch close to Goat Island

but nettieplee is right, hard rock, on both sides, is nothing special.

Maine
Level Contributor
756 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: best place for lunch close to Goat Island

I liked the hard rock but then again it was something different for me and I didn't think it was that expensive at all. Not sure that the it will do much for the 7yo though.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: best place for lunch close to Goat Island

I like the 50 style diner, and so did the kids, and it is a really short walk from the entrance to goat island. The snack bar on the island has good chicken fingers. You may even try the Red Coach Inn they have a kid's lunch menu and a nice view of the rapids.