We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing Rainbow Bridge with prior DUI

Temple, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Crossing Rainbow Bridge with prior DUI

Hello everyone, I am going to Niagara Falls next week. I had a DUI 3 years ago. I am not planning on driving over to the Canada side but what if I walked Rainbow Bridge to see the falls from that view? I know all border guardsmen are different, but should I chance it? Thanks in advance!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,991 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing Rainbow Bridge with prior DUI

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Penelope;

I would suggest reading the traveller article titled, "Canada: DWI or DUI - Driving convictions" which is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g153339-c49436/Canada:…

Best Regards

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crossing Rainbow Bridge with prior DUI

A few years ago one of our friends was refused entry into Canada because of an DUI arrest in New York State, he was the owner and driver of the car. Please get back to us and let us know how or if you went!

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crossing Rainbow Bridge with prior DUI

I would try it. If they ask you, don't lie. I am going on Friday. My husband has a DUI from 30 yrs ago. I'm a little concerned. I did hear if it's more than 10 yrs old it should be okay. Being only 3 yrs for you, I don't really know. I guess the worse thing, they would turn you away.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 01:33
4. Re: Crossing Rainbow Bridge with prior DUI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 09:17