We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
249 reviews
Save Topic
Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

We'll be in Niagara Falls NY on New Years Eve. Looking for a bar with a decent crowd for people watching. Hard Rock wants $95 per person, a little steep. Where do people hang out these days? Not interested in crossing back and forth to Canada.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

fallsstreet.com/uploadedFiles/…29.jpg

Meadville, PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

We usually go to Legends Bar in the Quality Inn, prices are reasonable for the area. Never been there for new years though

New York
Level Contributor
942 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

Most of the people watching will be on Falls Street near the Guitar Drop. Hard Rock, Legends, Old Falls Sports Bar at the Sheraton, TGI Fridays are in that area.

Further down Third Street a few blocks is Wine on Third, which will be mostly locals but it is a nice, casual upscale environment with great food and drinks.

Mentioned in this post
Wine on Third
Wine on Third
417 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

I remeber in the 90's the American side had a few bars. Pleasuredome was the big one inside Falls Street Station on the otherside of Rainbow Centre Mall. I am surprised that the American side doesn't have a nightlife with the Canadian dollar at par for so long. I'm sure most Canadians have passports compared to Americans so crossing over to party wouldn't be a problem.

New York
Level Contributor
942 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

You'd be surprised. Although there are a dozen or so bars, a lot of them are not the type you want to walk into unless you're a neighborhood regular. My advice is not to stray too far off the beaten path.

The Pleasure Dome is now the Rapids Theatre which hosts national touring acts--I'm not sure if it's open regularly as a bar or only open for events. From what I've heard they've done a beautiful job renovating it and there are some pretty big bands play there from time to time.

It also looks like they are hosting a NYE event: http://www.rapidstheatre.com/concerts.php

Mentioned in this post
Rapids Theatre
Rapids Theatre
13 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

The Rapids Theater is near the Whirlpool Bridge and used to be Masquerade then Center Stage and way before that The Late Show. Pleasuredome was a hop step & jump from the Rainbow Bridge by Rainbow Centre Mall.

Downfall to going to the Rapids Theatre is you can no longer walk across the Whirlpool Bridge. Only cars and only Nexus card holders.

Mentioned in this post
Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge
1,493 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Rapids Theatre
Rapids Theatre
13 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
New York
Level Contributor
942 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

Odd. Maybe there were two Pleasure Domes? The one I'm aware of was the Pleasure Dome then re-named the Dome Theatre and now its current incarnation as the Rapids. The one by the Rainbow Centre is not familiar to me but most likely before my time.

On Old Falls Street there is also a new Culinary Center--I wonder if they might have a NYE event since there are at least 2 new restaurants open there now.

And yes, Whirpool Bridge is Nexus and car only, but the Rainbow is still not far from the Rapids. Just a short drive down Main Street...maybe 5-7 minutes, will get you there.

Edited: 26 December 2012, 21:15
Mentioned in this post
Old Falls Street
Old Falls Street
52 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

Ahh yes they did actually reopen it as Pleasuredome II for a short stint after it had closed as Center Stage now that I remember. That part of Niagara Falls was so depressing back then and when I was recently looking at the Google Street View it looks about the same except for the new Police Department building it looks like. The building that had a club Pharohs looks pretty run down and still vacant after all these years.

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
6,637 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
9. Re: Good bars in Niagara Falls NY?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 07:17