We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I do all 3 in half a day?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Can I do all 3 in half a day?

Hello -we are a couple - will not be driving but can start early in the morning - is it possible to do Maid of the Mist , Cave of the Winds & Journey behind the falls all in half a day - my flight leaves at 4:30 pm. Any suggestions on best options ? We will be spending the night at Howard Johnson and have read Aussies can cross the border without a passport. I prefer not to take a tour but perhaps it may be better due to limited time. Dont want to waste my time going to commercial places in a tour or waiting for others.Will the there on a Monday in early May.

Edited: 09 March 2013, 08:58
Mentioned in this post
Maid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist
4,232 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Cave of the Winds
Cave of the Winds
4,900 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,623 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I do all 3 in half a day?

Howard Johnson's where? Flight leaves from where?

No international traveller can cross the border without a passport.

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
634 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I do all 3 in half a day?

It may be entirely possible for an Aussie to get into Canada without a passport (though frankly, it would be surprising), but I would be totally flabbergasted if they let anyone back into the US without one.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,623 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I do all 3 in half a day?

It is NOT possible for an Austrailian to enter Canada without a passport.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I do all 3 in half a day?

And I do not think that you can do all three attractions in that time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I do all 3 in half a day?

Hello...Thanks everyone...that was a typo - meant to say without a Visa ...(not passport) ...If I cant do all 3 in the time - can we do Maid of the mist and the Cave of winds on US side and just see the falls by going on the WEGO bus on the canada side? Can we see the falls without joining a tour? We are staying the night at Howard johnson closest to the falls and flight is at 4:30 pm to LA from Buffalo airport - so would need to be back at the hotel to pick up luggage by about 1:30 latest. Thanks ....

Mentioned in this post
Maid of the Mist
Maid of the Mist
4,232 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Wego
Wego
1,505 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
6. Re: Can I do all 3 in half a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 05:18