We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

I won 4 tickets to Joan Jett's concert at Artpark in Lewiston. I figure I will just book a night Tuesday in Niagara Falls. I won't be driving so how much would a cab from the Rainbow Bridge on the US side to the park be approx? Also would there be cabs waiting after the event?

I've never been to Lewiston so I have no idea. I did look and there is a NFTA Transit Bus that goes there from the Rainbow Bridge area. Just not sure how frequent it is nor if it would be safe. As well no idea on the return bus. Cab would be a safer choice?

Thanks guys

Mentioned in this post
Artpark
Artpark
170 Reviews
Lewiston, NY
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
6,637 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge
1,493 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
New York
Level Contributor
942 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

You will need to take the 50"B" bus, which appears to have a very limited service: http://metro.nfta.com/Routes/Routes.aspx

The buses are safe, just infrequent.

I have never taken public transit to Lewiston. When you get there you will see that the area doesn't much lend itself to it (suburban area, bordering on rural). Personally, I would take a cab from NF, take the driver's card, and call him when you want a pickup.

I use Blue United Taxi locally for trips within Niagara Falls, but I'm sure your hotel can arrange a pickup and dropoff with any cab company.

P.S. Enjoy the show. Artpark is a very cool venue. With the wet weather the crowds might not be as bad too!

Edited: 11 June 2013, 14:06
Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
6,637 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Artpark
Artpark
170 Reviews
Lewiston, NY
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

Bit the bullet and booked a night in Niagara. Walked over to the Visitors Center and got my tickets. Now having lunch at the Hard Rock. Forgot my damn camera at home. But that's ok. I will enjoy the natural beauty of Niagara and already talked to a cab driver about how much it will cost etc. He gave me his card and cab number and said to ask for his cab number and he will pick me up by the State Park entrance and take me for a flat rate of $35. He also suggested to hang out and let the traffic die down before heading back. He said he will give me the cab number of another guy to call and will come pick me up. Flat rate $35 again. Should be a fun concert.

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
684 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

Glad to see you decided to go. Did you see my post on the Niagara Falls Canada forum about hanging out at the Lewiston Village Pub?

Hope you have fun at the concert!

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
Ontario, Canada
New York
Level Contributor
942 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

Let us know how the taxi service worked out for you and if you enjoyed Artpark!

Mentioned in this post
Artpark
Artpark
170 Reviews
Lewiston, NY
Toronto,Ontario
Level Contributor
669 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

I had a really good time. The Artpark is pretty big for these concerts and has a nice feel to it. Unlike an amphitheatre type of venue. My guess is there was 10,000 people there? I can't gauge it properly but it was packed to me. The cab driver was so cool. There seemed to be quite a few people taking cabs there from Niagara Falls, NY. I had fun, great concert. Met some fun people from Kingston who were also staying in Niagara Falls for 3 days so I went to the bar that was suggested by someone until the traffic died off. The 4 of us took the cab back to the Rainbow Bridge and then walked back to our side. Great time

Mentioned in this post
Artpark
Artpark
170 Reviews
Lewiston, NY
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls
6,637 Reviews
Niagara Falls, NY
Rainbow Bridge
Rainbow Bridge
1,493 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
6. Re: Artpark In Lewiston-Getting There

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 05:19