We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara falls

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster East...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Niagara falls

hi me and my partner are looking to head upto the falls while on our first trip to nyc was woundering if any one can help me out is it best to do a overnight tour or will we be better of doing it ourselves? also really want to do the maid of the mist tour , we wont be driving so any buses trains etc or any advice at all would be great thankyou

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara falls

When are you coming? We usually recommend you fly Delta or Jetblue from NYC into Buffalo. From the airport you can get a bus or taxi to the falls.

The views from the Canadian side are better if you have a passport and visa if required. But you can get Maid of the Mist from either side. Also do Cave of the Winds, it's fun.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara falls

I would do it on your own. You can fly to Buffalo from NYC to visit the Falls. I would also stay overnight. A 1 day trip is too much as is a bus ride there.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,024 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagara falls

Hi lolly4442;

NYC is approx. 420 miles / 670 km from Niagara Falls. A trip by bus or train will take a good portion of one day. As has been suggest above, fly into Buffalo NY (BUF) and then make your way the remaining 25 miles / 41 km to Niagara Falls.

FYI...citizens of Australia do NOT require a Visa to visit Canada, only their valid passport.

Best Regards

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Niagara falls

Where do you get the information which citizen doesn't requires a visa to enter Canada? any website for us to reference with?. Im visiting the falls in october. Im from Singapore.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Niagara falls

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

VISA list

Doncaster East...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Niagara falls

hi i will be there there june next year not sure on the dates as yet

Doncaster East...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Niagara falls

thanks for all the help people i think we will make our way there from las vegas and do the falls first then move onto nyc, just one more thing do we fly into Canada airport?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,921 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Niagara falls

If you are flying from Las Vegas to Buffalo, New York you will not be entering Canada at all......Niagara Falls, New York is in the United States, and is a short drive from the Buffalo airport........Niagara Falls, Ontario is in Canada............you don't have to fly into Canada to see the Canadian side of the Falls, just cross the border into Canada........

Doncaster East...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Niagara falls

how hard is it to cross the boarder is there a bus or smthing from the airport on the us side? what do u recommend the cheapest or easiest option?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,024 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Niagara falls

Hi lolly4442;

This forum is about visiting Niagara Falls on the American side. The Niagara Falls Canada forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagara…

On the Canadian forum, have a look at the "Top Questions" area for the entry titled "How do I get from / to the area Airports ?"

Best Regards