We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

San Diego...
Level Contributor
232 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

July 21s, Thursday, I will be stopping in Toronto for the purpose of seeing the falls. I arrive on Mon at 2:45 pm and will stay 3 nights. Should I stay at the falls and skip Toronto, or stay in Toronto and take a tour to the falls? I prefer to stay in one place, and not waste time running around to different places.

Edited: 14 November 2013, 22:27
Over The Falls Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Gray Line Niagara Falls Sightseeing Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Niagara Pedicab
Sightseeing Tours
Niagara Falls Adventure Tours
Walking Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,357 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

Toronto is 70 miles from Niagara Falls, about 1 1/2 hours each way.

If your main purpose is to see the Falls, you can do that in an hour. What else do you want to do during the 3 days? There is plenty to do in Niagara Falls, although mostly on the Canadian side. There is also lots in Toronto, so you will have to research and decide what you want to do.

The Niagara Falls, ON forum is here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154998-i97-Niagara…

The Toronto forum is here:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g155019-i55-Toronto…

Also note that you will require a passport to cross the border.

Delavan, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

I've always stayed in Niagara Falls, and can find plenty to enjoy for a couple of days no problem. But, given what you have posted, I would probably elect to stay in Toronto if I was in your shoes as there is much to do there as well, and you can enjoy Niagara sufficiently in just a single day.

The one thing that I consider a "must" in Niagara is the Maid of the Mist boat tour.

Something that I would also consider a "must" in the greater Niagara/Toronto area is the African Lion Safari park nearby in Cambridge. Yes, I know you are from San Diego and have a world class zoo. Having been to both the San Diego Zoo, the Wildlife Park, and African Lion Safari, I prefer the later for really getting close to the animals.

http://www.lionsafari.com/

3. Re: Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 17:11
Maine
Level Contributor
428 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

Toronto had a city pass/ticket with the top 4 or 5 things to do in Toronto, which is a good value if you want to do those activities. We used it this summer for the tower, zoo, and a couple museums.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,650 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

Niagara Falls is a very popular day trip from Toronto......many visitors to Toronto choose to rent a car and do a self drive tour, however many others take a bus tour from the city to NF ..........Niagara is an approx. 90 minute drive from Toronto.......Chariots of Fire is a reputable company doing day tours from Toronto to Niagara, and has pick up locations from the downtown area....

http://www.chariots-of-fire.com

6. Re: Need help on how to spend 3 nights and 2 days in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls
Recent Conversations