We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Falls Best Viewing for Frozen Places

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Niagara Falls Best Viewing for Frozen Places

Heading up and back to Niagara Falls to see what is frozen. I know the falls don't freeze, but want to see some freezing. What would be the best places to view? I plan to look at both US and Canadian side.

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara Falls Best Viewing for Frozen Places

Hi, I hope this answer isn't too late - I just read the question! On the U.S. side, the best place for a good view of the Falls (and whatever's frozen around it), with easy access (taking winter walking conditions into consideration), would be Prospect Point: just enter the Visitors' Center, walk down the stairs, and step out the door - the American Falls are a couple of hundred yards away. Be very careful, though: the constant mist causes a great deal of ice to form on the walkway in front of the railings; in fact, this viewing area is occasionally blocked off during conditions of extreme cold. If you haven't visited already, I hope you enjoy your visit; if you already have, I hope you did enjoy it! :)

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagara Falls Best Viewing for Frozen Places

Thank you. Actually we visited that day, and really did enjoy it. If it stays frozen another three weeks or so I may go back. By that time my husband should be home from Kuwait, and my son's girlfriend have her passport.

3. Re: Niagara Falls Best Viewing for Frozen Places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18