We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow at Terrapin Point

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
641 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Snow at Terrapin Point

Just wondering if anyone has been to Terrapin Point lately and if there is much snow remaining and whether the Point is opened yet. Based on some of the webcams I've looked at, it appears that all the snow has melted except for the snow on Terrapin Point. But it's hard to tell how much still remains.

We were there in mid-February and were amazed by the amount of snow. Snow in areas of the State Park was as high as the railings and Terrapin Point was closed completely due to the high amount of snow.

It seemed like the snow on the Point was at least 10 feet high. Does anyone know if they take a measurement of the snow on the Point and where I could find that information?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
641 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow at Terrapin Point

Anyone?

New York
Level Contributor
934 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow at Terrapin Point

I really have no idea. You could try calling the State Park or the Niagara Falls Discovery Center.

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow at Terrapin Point

We were on the Canadian side last Wednesday and there was quite a bit of snow and ice, it looks quite thick.

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
641 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow at Terrapin Point

Thanks for the update CBNS.

I tried calling the State Park all day and their phone was busy the entire day! I'll try emailing them and see if they respond.

Just want to say again how amazed we were by the amount of snow in the state park. We haven't been to Niagara Falls in the winter for probably 20 years. Think we picked a good year to go!

We go every year during the summer and it is such a different experience during the winter. It was the middle of the week and frigid while we were there and it was practically deserted. We stayed on the Canadian side and even there the crowds were small. It was so weird seeing an empty Clifton Hill at 11pm! We stayed at the Thriftlodge on the Hill, and we were literally the only guests the one night.

If anyone's interested, here is a link to some of our pics from the trip...

http://tinyurl.com/me2e68x

5. Re: Snow at Terrapin Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:15