We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
429 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

Do they chagre to park in the state park on Friday if you are only going to get there around 8:00 or 9:00 to see Illmuminations and Fireworks??

If so is there somewhere else you can park nearby for free??

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
610 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

They charge to park at the state park when you enter. So whether you stay 5 minutes or the whole day, the price is the same. I don't know of any free parking in the area but you may be able to find some less expensive lots in the area around Rainbow Blvd and Old Falls Street.

Are you only staying on the American side or walking over to the Canadian side? The Falls Illumination is best seen from the Canadian side.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
429 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

I am going early in the morning with the Discover pass so I can do both the Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds before the lines get unbearabe. Probably need to go back to hotel by airport for a nap before we go back for the fireworks and illuminations.

As I already have paid for the day in the morning, will they give you a pass if you come back later in the evening the same day??

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
610 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

Hmmm, that's a good question. I think the parking pass is good for the entire day. Last time we were there, we paid at parking lot 1 and they gave us a ticket that was good for the other parking lots. I'm assuming it is good for the whole day. You may want to call to find out for sure. Or hopefully someone else here will chime in.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,023 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

>>"Probably need to go back to hotel by airport for a nap..."<<

Hi JIMDSB;

FYI...Niagara Falls is approx. 25 miles / 41 km from the Buffalo Niagara Int’l Airport. The average drive is approx. 35-45 minutes.

Best Regards

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
429 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

Sorry, I was talking about Niagara Falls airport (7 miles).

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,023 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

No need to apologize.

7. Re: Illuminations and Fireworks parking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16