We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

I was considering a trip to Niagra Falls in early October 8-11. Is it too cold to really enjoy the fall during this time. When is the best time to visit? If I visited during this time would I get the full experience?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

Go! Fall is a great time to visit. Crowds are down, but the weather can still be sunny.

The Maid of the Mist operates until Oct 24th. www.maidofthemist.com

Northumberland, PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

kkaylor7,

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!

Did I make my point. Our last time to the falls was Mid-October. The weather was beautiful and sunny. Got cool in the evening but most times we never needed a jacket.

Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

What is the temperature in early October. What type of clothes do you suggest (shorts or long pants and long sleeves)

Buffalo
Level Contributor
462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

You will have to check the weather before you leave-you never know-

But I would take layers-jackets, sweatshirts, jeans, and shorts just in case we have warm days-

Bring some gloves too, again just in case.

It has been known to snow in the morning in October and be 70 by the late afternoon.

You will have an amazing experience-don't miss Whirlpool Park-the view will astound you.

Trenton, ON
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

My kids and I went to the Falls in January last year and we had a great time - they kept telling me how much fun they were having. We just wore light jackets and there was no snow even then - so if we survived in January - October will be more than fine for you - probably perfect with zero crowds which is what we loved about going in January! And, as a matter of fact a friend and I are going back in early November this year and we can't wait to do all the adult stuff! Not worried about the weather at all - the Fall colours may still be around when you go - so it will be possibly quite beautiful along the parkway.

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

Yes !

Layers are the name of the game. Cool in the mornings and evenings, warm and sunny with a cool breeze in the afternoon. All attractions will still be open.

you are being smart and coming on a Sunday thru Thursday, will probably save you a couple of hundred on hotel rates....

Check out www.hojoniagarfalls.com or www.niagara-usa.com for hotel rates....

7. Re: Niagra Falls in October? Do we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:18