We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schools Project Appeal

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Schools Project Appeal

I live in Boa Vista and am trying to help local schools through the RAG project set up by 2 local people. Here is very poor and the kids have to pay for lots of educational type things-pens, paper, educational toys.plasticine n stuff. The schools are overcrowded too. There is not much state aid here. If you are coming over, maybe for the sake of a visit to Poundstretcher you could bring along things to help the local kids please. Your kindness would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I work at the RIU karamboa. My name is JB.......OBRIGADO

wigan uk
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Schools Project Appeal

HI jb we are due to arrive at the riu in september and will gladly bring over a few things.however we did this when we went to sri lanka and unfortunatley it was stolen along with several other items is ther any way of preventing this or does this not occur to your knowledge.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schools Project Appeal

we are arriving june 15th and i will be bringing some stuff for the kids,i would bring loads if weight allowances allowed us.i wonder if thomson would allow us extra weight if i rang and asked?see you soon.

wales
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Schools Project Appeal

hi we arrive to stay in hotel riu karamboa on the 25 may will bring some pencils pens and books depending on weight will ask for you when we arrive.

see you soon.

Wrexham, North wales
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schools Project Appeal

Hi JB We out on Monday 18th and they are already in our case see you then. Louise & Martin

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schools Project Appeal

Hola Thanks for all your wonderful offers. I know the weight limit is a problem but here is very casual and you will only need shorts n t shirts with a few posh things for nights. Here is only a small airport and the bags are not left so think it will be safe enough in your bags. I am not sure if Thomson allow extra weight for bringing charitable things extra but there flight line may be in a good mood but you know how we get stung for excess weight nowadays. Make sure you get something in writing or a contact name as I do not want you to have to pay loads at check in. We have had quite a few offers of help so that is fantastic. Bring euros by the way here as that is best currency. You will need lots of high factor sun tan lotion too but we have a swop shop where guests leaving leave lots of things for future guests. It gets a bit cool at night and windy in day so a cardigan would help. Things are very expensive here so remember to bring everything you will need. Take Care and see you soon.

OBRIGADO....JB

Worcestershire...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Schools Project Appeal

Coming on the 28th we shall bring some stuff! i am extremely excited as it's a week today!! Looking forward to a really good time and excited about all the recent reviews!!

See you in a week!

Charlotte and Will

Guardalavaca, Cuba
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Schools Project Appeal

I'll make sure I bring some with me next time JB. In the meantime I shall say hello to Waldemar for you in January!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
549 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schools Project Appeal

JB please read your private emails as i need to speak to you ref sending some stuff by dhl for the kids next week.thanks jean

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Schools Project Appeal

Jean

Will ry to get e mails then. Thanks so much for your kind offer. Am checking about post and stuff here and how secure it is to send parcels and will get an actual office address.

CHEERS

JB

XXXX

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schools Project Appeal

Hiya folks

Maybe Thomson will allow charitable extra baggabge allowance. If you call them on 0844 871 0872 they may be able to help.

Cheers

JB

i AM NOW TRYING TO MAKE THE PROJECT ALL LEGAL ETC. SO WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH AN ADDRESS N STUFF

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations