We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mozzies

warrington
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
mozzies

Hi, everyone! has anyone who has been to this lovely hotel had a problem with mosquitos. We hate the little blighters but they love us! Also, we like to stroll along the beach and were wondering if we will get pestered by the ubiquitous "traders"!

Can't wait to go ( end of sept), really looking forward to it!

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mozzies

didnt really have a problem.Used the usual sprays and took a plug in for the room.

Some folks did get bitten quite badly but then i found they didnt actually pack any thing to stop em ??

As for traders yes they are on the beach but did not come into the area of hotel including beach.Nice people and as always be polite and just say no thanx.

Never had an issue with them and we walked the beach daily

cfc

Manchester
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mozzies

We are just back. My youngest and I are normally a mozzies favourite food. However she had only 1 bite and I for the first ever wasn't bitten once. Just took extra strong Jungle Juice.

bicester
Level Contributor
141 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mozzies

just make sure it contains deet n use it both day and nite and u will b fine, i got some fab liquid plug in off ebay, cheap as chips xx

warrington
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mozzies

Thanks everyone for your advice! We will defo be taking sprays and plugins to keep the mozzies at bay! Have been following the forum comments and appreciate the time people have taken to share their experiences. Just over 6 weeks to go..........!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mozzies

We took sprays and only used them on the first day (forgot about them after that hehe) I nearly made it through the week but only got one bite on the very last day - my friend didnt get any typical lol. But did see a couple of people with lots on their legs so guess it depends where you go and what you do. We left sprays with Thompson reps in their box of goodies if you need stuff when there.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mozzies

see you there

cfc

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mozzies

I seem to remember from a much earlier post, that reception will give you a spray for the room if you ask.

8. Re: mozzies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista