We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Going to Karamboa 1st week of December. Daytime temps. look good still but was wondering if it goes quite cool in the evenings or will a light cardi/jacket be enough?

Still no replies re Mozzies around that time-anyone out there have any knowledge of what to expect?

Thanks for any answers

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

been in september twice. Cant see that a couple of months would make too much difference. the evenings then were warm and quite windy.take the jacket for arrriving home.As for mozzies they are there ! when rain is on its way, during and after.we take autan and a plug in for the room.

There is a rep posting on this forum .send her a message and im sure she would update you about December.

Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did

cfc

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

cfc-thanks for your reply, very helpful. How do I find out who the rep is? I've been reading quite a lot of postings on this forum but not noticed a rep. Can you remember her name? Thanks a lot

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293774-i9523-k3…

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

thanks for the info Rashyroo

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Hi, we went on 13 December 2009, and it was hot hot hot!! Took a cardi for the evening but never needed it, and as for the mozzies only got 1 bite, and probably my own fault for sitting next to a bush near a water feature, normally get eaten alive but I think because December is in the dry season there aren't many about. However, did use our plug-ins in the room just in case.

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

thanks Psychobabble for your reply-just the sort of info I wanted!!! Great to hear how lovely & hot the weather was, seeing numbers on a chart is one thing, but hearing how lovely the weather was for you is soooo much better!!!

We're really looking forward to this new destination for us & most people seem to have really enjoyed this hotel.

thanks again

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Hi

Are you stay at the Riu karamboa and will you be there before 02/12/2010. That's when we will be leaving and if you are arriving before then I could leave any spare insect repellent for you.

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Cazandal!!! How kind!! Yes, we are at the Karamboa but arrive on the 3rd!!! So we will just miss you. I know some people leave their surpluss holiday potions & lotions with the rep. for people who run out. I'll take the 50% DEET stuff with us but didn't want to take loads if not really needed. I think I will take plenty just in case!!!

I hope you have a FAB time, have you been before?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Hi puntosara

It is a shame we will miss you. I think i will still leave the spare with the rep as you suggest.

No we have never been there before and are really looking forward to it. Have you been before?

Has anyone given you any info on the best trips or the costs of them? I really fancy seeing some of the island. do you know if it an idea to take small gifts for the kids you know like crayons etc?

Enjoy your holiday.

Carol

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening weather/temperatures in December? Also Mozzies???

Hi Carol

no, we haven't been before but wanted to have some good December weather & used to go to the Canairies many years ago & did,'t really want to go back as seen them all & wanted a new experience.

On reading the hotel reviews on TA, there are a couple of trips. The 4x4 trip seems to be best for seeing the island, I think about 60 euros, gets pretty good feedback except the price! Seems you return to hotel for your lunch for over 1hour!. People also mention taking pencils, crayons, rubbers for the kids, is still a very poor island. I won't be ablw to go on that trip sadly as recovering from surgery & will be too bumpy for me!!! There is also a catamaran(sp?) trip.

I hope you also have a great time

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista