We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insurance

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
insurance

hi, can anyone tell me if boa vista is classed as africa or europe for travel insurance purposes.

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: insurance

Wasn't 100% sure myself, so opted for Wordlwide excluding USA & Canada. I'm sure that on checking the comparison websites, the one we eventually opted for, actually allowed us to enter Cape Verde as destination anyway.

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: insurance

AyeReady is correct, cape verde is worldwide excluding USA and Canada.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: insurance

thanks for the advice. WATP

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: insurance

lol....we sure are!

scotland
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: insurance

Hi i posted a post card to cape verde yesterday and the post office said it came under EUROPE !!!!!!!! .

If you go on a price comaprison web site you can get anual insurance for same/cheaper price than for 2 weeks

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: insurance

margaret johns

thats so strange, how can islands in africa be europe! i just googled as to what continent they are in and its definately africa.

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: insurance

My insurance worked out at around £35 for a family of 4, and gave us £5000 cancellation (others were £3000). I checked for a year price, but it was certainly more expensive.

Also found a link to the question of Africa or Europe. Seems the 4-answers would certainly indicate Africa.

uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: insurance

Thats sounds like a good deal AyeReady! What insurance company did you

use?

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: insurance

Hi allycat,

Went through comparison on Travelsupermarket and I'm sure it was the Preferential Deluxe Single Trip. Could have got it a bit cheaper, but since the holiday was over £3000, decided to opt for one that had cancellation cover up to £5000 instead. Also excesses are mostly £75, where others are listed as £100 to £150.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: insurance

we took AyeReady's advice and paid £36 for a 2 week trip. Thompsons wanted £114 for the same trip!

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations