We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

Falmouth UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

Anyone recently done this and can tell me when you get your in-flight meal. We travel on the 4th August at 09 00 hrs, and not sure if it will be breakfast or lunch?. Many Thanks.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
522 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

We flew from Manchester and I understand all flights that take off before a certain time in the morning are served breakfast. We paid for the in flight meal to take up a little time and really wish we hadnt bothered it was awful! Having said that, we were served our breakfast and coffee etc. before any other drinks were sold to other passengers which made it quite a while before the drinks/refreshment trolley came around.

Falmouth UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

Thanks for that, going to assume its breakfast and buy something for lunch. We fully expect it to be rubbish, but like you thought it would pass 30 mins.

Again Thanks.

Borehamwood, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

We booked meals as we were concerned about the return trip - apparently there is nothing at the Boa Vista airport! Either way - only two weeks to go. So excited - I have wanted to visit Cape Verde since I first saw it in the National Geographic Mag at the tender age of 6! That is quite some years ago! See you by the pool....or on the flight.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

The pizzas at boa vista airport are excellent and the drinks are very cheap compared to most airports.

Borehamwood, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

thanks for the info - we'll save some room! Is there a duty free shop?

Falmouth UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

Thanks for all your info, and yes marcbgreen see you there, me and my mate will be by a bar with a quiz book. counting the days !

7. Re: Gatwick flight to Boa Vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista