We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Touareg

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Touareg

hi can anyone tell me if the adults only rooms are the only ones that the mini bar is stocked cant seem to find much info anywhere about it .plus how much extra to upgrade to adults only room thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Touareg

Yes minibar is only on adult only rooms. Price seems to vary but not very expensive. We paid £56 each for the week. Going in 12 days.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Touareg

thanks for your help let us know how you got on also who did you book with as not many companys seem to offer thia hotel to get best price

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Touareg

First choice & Thomson, not sure if anyone else is

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Touareg

hi can anybody tell me how long transfer to hotel is says only 15mins but some reviews are sying about 30 mins. dont know whether to get taxi transfer or not. alsois there any where you can go from hotel like shops or small villages thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Touareg

Due to lack of a proper road it takes about 30 mins. Don't think a taxi would be much quicker. No shops very near hotel. Some in sal rei - which is a small village.€50 euros return in taxi. Lots of people organise day tours with local guide which is better value for money and can incorporate going to sal rei

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Touareg

Scubas

Booked through Thomsons Brochure - phoned them up and was put through to a shop in Preston. No problem - TILLY was absolutely brilliant. One bit of advice if you do it this way have your passport numbers available as you are required to give them details to obtain visa into Cape Verde.

Deefiaant10

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Touareg

Scubas

Hotel in middle of nowhere - shops (expensive) in hotel resort. Sal Rei is a village and by all accounts pretty poverty striken - my wife and I don't do tours so can't really give you my opinion of the place, my suggestion is just book into ADULTS only and relax for the time you are there

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Touareg

If leaving hotel is important to you to see shops etc then don't book this hotel as the best bit about it, is its isolation. I would agree with the other posters that if you are travelling as a couple then do the Adults Onlu upgrade.

Thomson / First Choice are the holiday company from UK offering this hotel. Compare the prices of both, as First Choice came out slightly cheaper online than Thomson. (booked with Thomson as had a £100 discount code though)

Use a well-known cashback website and that will get you another £30 off your total.

9. Re: Riu Touareg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations