We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Situ right now!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
In Situ right now!!

I am here right now room 4229 and can use pc!!! brilliant (if thats ur thing lol). We are in adult only section can i just say thank god. Hearing previous reviews with pools freezing!!!! adults section is a heated pool. Tis very windy and cold at night bring jumpers if coming soon. Not tried the other restauants yet but the main one is very good, meets all our needs anyway. Oh and there is a massive ice machine down stairs we love this. any qestions just ask. Oh and its the most amazing view I have ever experienced sea is stunning!!!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
229 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Situ right now!!

we are there in March whats the info on the airport does it take long to get through. What currency is best and what is the weather like in march. Don't rush to reply carry on enjoying your hol

Grimsby UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Situ right now!!

Hi we've also booked the adult section and are hoping for a quiet room as I don't sleep very well. Is you room number ok? Enjoy your holiday can't wait to go.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Situ right now!!

Hi Ian, airport was fine, in and out within 30 mins. We have took some euro with us just for tipping etc, as these are accepted. The flight also was very good we just got aisle seats but on saying that we didnt find it that bad, compared with Thomas Cook flights legroom on the Thompson flight was luxury. Think weather good in March as it is all year round. Just a bit chilly in the eveings just now.

Ang our room is quiet we have had no noise what so ever, we have never heard the maids in the morning!!!

Hope this helps you all.

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Situ right now!!

Hehehehe......getting in is fine! Just wait until you try to get back out!!!

Unfortunately we were one of the last buses to arrive back at the airport, when we were there last summer. We were almost last in the queue. We had one security person checking our details whilst standing in the queue for checking-in. It took ages to get to the desk. All our documents were checked again at the desk. We then had to join the queue for hand baggage check and passing through the scanner. Then we had to join another queue for checking passports and visas. All of this took around 2-hours

We managed to get a quick bite to eat and drink (pizzas are excellent), before they called us to board. Guess what, another queue to check our passports before we boarded the plane (which incidentally aborted the first take-off). By the time I reached the Border Control back in Glasgow Airport, I was about ready to slap the guy with my passport!!!!

Having had two weeks of complete rest and relaxation in a wonderful new Hotel, I couldn't believe that we finally got stressed out as we were leaving. Maybe we were just unlucky and others have or will find it different, but I don't think that you will breeze through on your return.

Don't let it put you off though. The rest & relaxation preceeding your departure will be bliss and it wouldn't put us off going back in the future.

ps...the prices of food & drink in the airport seemed surprisingly reasonable, considering the prices in the shops inside the hotel complex. I expected worse.

Wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Situ right now!!

have you heard (or seen) anything about knife weilding robbers as posted on 2 of the recent comments for the Touareg?

edinburgh, scotland
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: In Situ right now!!

Hi

Is there an iron in the rooms? Is it warm during the day?

Enjoy rest of holiday :-)

South Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Situ right now!!

Hi Nat,

We were there last June/July and the rooms did not have an iron. You could hire one from one of the shops nearest the medical centre in the complex, but I think that the deposit was reasonably high. Can't remember how much the hire was though, sorry!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Situ right now!!

No there a no knife wielding robbers, that guy from Begium is talking nonscense god only knows what planet he if from. You are lucky to see anyone on the beach!!!! Serously this place is Paradise. Yes it is warm during the day there is also a nice wind to cool you down though.

Its my partners birthday today and when we got back to our room there was a bottle of champagne with two glasses, what a lovely touch.

edinburgh, scotland
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: In Situ right now!!

Thanks, will just iron everything before we go.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,229 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In Situ right now!!

Or take a travel iron...

Just having a look at Cape Verde Islands for a possible winter destination for some sun, sounds a tad windy, but we don't like humidity so that could suit us. Is it all Thompson holidays? Presumably no way of doing things independently? Hope you are having a great time, sounds like it, but would be interested to know how it woudl be for a winter sun destination / what there is to do there etc...

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations