We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pervis karanboa hotel

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
pervis karanboa hotel

Hi Julie

We picked up your post and like you are passionate dog lovers with 4 of our own. We visited this hotel me and my husband in march and met jane. We were all looking after pervis.

We decided to return to this hotel on thurseday the 12 th april12.

Pervis was there. his testicles having increase in size yet again. I continued to feed him even taking out my own containers for him.

on the 1st visit I even took out some iams but he did not like it.

I ended up having problems with the management after the sub manager had a go at me for removing a glass of water from the hotel. I had a good discussion with him about my discused at the way such a big hotel group treats these 2-3 dogs. As you say Pervis never leaves the beach or even goes into the hotel grounds.

I have to say the dogs were extremley friendly and pervis had got to know us.

The sub manager said he had asked the vet to look at pervis as he had himself noticed his testicles. I have to say. I found him very incensere and did not trust him. In my opion the management rather than wanting to help found this more of an inconveience.

The day after the other two dogs dissapeared. The day after, pervis dissappeared. We were there for two weeks, leaving on the

26th of april12. Has anyone seen him since?

We are so disscusted with the attitude of the management and the attitude of the Riu GROUP WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

Let me know if anyone has seen him since.

sue.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Terrible news, I have pasted a previous link by Claudia who posted this video clip of Pervis, hopefully this will help people to spot poor wee Pervis.

Julie will be so upset also she tried so hard to help him. I for one would never go back to a RIU hotel purely down to their uncaring attitude.

m.youtube.com/…

Hull UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Hi Sue,

Thats awful news!!

I also found the assistant manager insincere when I approached him about chasing the black and tan very friendly little dog.

I do hope somebody has seen them, Iam so worried for them.

I will never again frequent a Riu hotel!!!!

Jane

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

i have a dog of my own, but i really dont want to go on holiday and have a dog following me about wanting fed,maybe the management have moved them to a good home, or put them on last weeks dinner menu lol , im sure there ok whatever happened

Hull UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Sadly Iam not so convinced of a happy ending for these lovely dogs.

Cape verde are notoriously cruel in thier methods of culling street and beach dogs!!!

I hope I am wrong.

Jane

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
549 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

We go in October, and as dog owners, we will look out for them, Its a sad reality that here in the UK we have domestoc dogs in our homes, whereas the majority of the world doesn't, and they see dogs in just the same way as we see run over squirrels or hedgehogs. Thats not cruel by their standards, so we shouldnt be so quick to judge them based on how they look after animals. It wasnt too long ago in the UK that we sent ponys down pits. If I see the dogs, I will give them some treats, and I'm pretty sure they are quite happy and content laying around on the beach all day.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,876 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

With regard to the treatment of dogs by the hotel, I suggest reading the post by Rashyroo (posted 9th Feb), whose own dog Rasher was poisoned and sadly died. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the RIU group, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and to make their own choice.

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Jane, just to be clear, it is the hotels that have behaved badly towards stray dogs in the past, not the people. Relative to other developing countries, the dogs are cared for and cared about here. I can only comment about Sal, but the City Hall stopped poisoning dogs some time ago and it was the hotels and apartment building management companies that continued by requesting & paying for strychnine from the Dept of Health. The hotels do not find homes for stray dogs or give money to dog & cat welfare associations. As Mulzy says I have personal experience of this. Your voice counts! The hotels care about their reputation with tourists on this issue and the more you speak out about it the more you can help. Thanks for your interest in this difficult issue.

Hull UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Hi Rashyroo,

Sorry if my post was not clear and worded wrongly.

My post was aimed at the Riu group of hotels, as this is the chain my disgust is with.

I had an unpleasant conversation with the assistant manager at the Karamboa during my stay regarding the stray dogs that worried and upset me.

Jane

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Oh sorry, Jane, I misunderstood. Can you remember the manager's name? If you do can you send me it by PM?

Hull UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: pervis karanboa hotel

Hi Rashyroo,

Iam so sorry I dont remember his name. I foolishly never got it!

Sue might have got his name.

He was very insincere and I wouldn't trust the man as far as i could have thrown him.......I was tempted!!!

Jane

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista