We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Fishing

wigan
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Fishing

Going to Karamboa for 2 weeks at the end of Jan 13.I was wondering if anyone had done any beach fishing .Im only taking a small telescopic spinning rod with lures to pass the time whilst the wife gets stuck into her Kindle.Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

England
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Fishing

Get a kindle too!! x

wigan
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Fishing

You obviously have great knowledge of fishing in Boa Vista.I salute you!!!

England
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Fishing

Sorry couldn't resist,

Hands up i don't know anything about fishing, but when we were there last November there were quite a few people fishing late afternoon as the sun was setting, we are returning to Boa Vista this August. And yes I had a kindle for christmas, so no fishing for me just reading...have fun there its a great island.

wigan
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Fishing

Thanks HandC, our first trip here,Yeah and enjoy your holiday in August and tell us how you get on..

England
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Fishing

Hi

We saw a few tourists beach fishing when we were at the Karamboa at Christmas, they were always a bit along the beach going towards Sal Rei at the part of the beach where there is a small lake behind you where people practised with their wind surfing sails.

What I would suggest is to go there tie the kindle on your fishing line with a bit of bread, the Kindle might attract a fish in which case you will have found a useful purpose for it!

Have a great holiday, we are going back again at Christmas.

Paul

wigan
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Fishing

Thanks Paul,Will have a walk up towards Sal Rei with rod in hand so to speak.Oh by the way,Kindles aint that bad as they prevent me from having continuous earache.(keeps her occupied). and also decreases the weight of our luggage.Have a great Xmas there and keep us posted with anything interesting. TAFF

alva
Level Contributor
242 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Fishing

A was at the riu toureg last month beach fishing they will eat anything prawns cold meat sweet corn or use the fly loads of diffrent fish dont ask me what they where lol

wigan
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Fishing

Thanks Vince for that info every little helps,Taff

wigan
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Fishing

Small sharks are mostly caught in this area of the beach about 3ft on average

wigan
Level Contributor
248 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Fishing

Thanks Maltataff,To be honest im very much a novice at the fishing game and only bought a telescopic 8ft spinning rod to fit my suitcase,also lures etc.Just getting into fishingand have booked sea fishing trip for me and my son in august.I hope to learn a lot from other fishermen on that trip with regards to sea fishing and beach fishing.Thanks for your time,any further hints would be most appreciated.TAFF

Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista