We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

Hello

Thinking of going to boa vista in June...abit stuck on which hotel to stay at? Any advice?

Also is the adults only restaurant includes in AL or is there an extra charge to dine there?

Thank you

lancs
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

Dont worry. The main trade winds occur Jan - March. When we visited Cape Verde all we had was a welcome gentle breeze. Weather vwas fantastic-day and evening.

Ilfracombe, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

Have stayed at both. Prefer the Karamboa if you want to be able to get out. In my opinion the Touareg is Ok if all you want to do is sun bathe, eat and drink. I also felt that it was too large, a wee bit like a holiday camp. However do not be put off as the food was great, and it was lovely and clean. Only complaint was the towels in the bathroom were very old and thin and not good for drying. Hope you make the right choice and have a good time.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

my next worry is what i have just read about geting altittude sickness....has anyone suffered from it whilst travelling to Cape Verde? I just read on the Thomsons web site that anyone travellin above 2500meters is at risk and it can be fatal...talk about quenching the pre holiday excitement!!!

Please could some one advise me about this as i am now considering changing my holiday :-(

UK
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

Any flight will take you over 2,500 metres so this can not be specific to Cape Verde. It probably relates more to travel into mountains rather than air travel, where the cabin pressure is artificially increased so as to avoid such effects. As I expect you will be on the beach which, at the risk of stating the obvious, is at sea level, you shouldn't have any problems. Enjoy! And please report back on here as we're going to the Karamboa in August :-)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

hmmm do u know, i didn't even think bou the sea level thing! how daft am i...lol

ok, thanks for your reply, it does make sense. i will defo report back in June to let everyone know what i think of my holiday... altho, it does look super fab. soooo excited x

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

hi everyone, can anyone tell me what type of travel plug is needed for cape verde, im going in just 17 days, i have emailed thomson but they have been pretty crap with regards to replying, this dissapoints me but never mind, also is there camel ride excursions in cape verde too? xxx

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

European one.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

Hi, Just got back from Cape Verde and the weather was perfect, hot and breezy. The sea is colder than the Caribbean but not too cold and it was beautiful so clean and pretty calm. I'm a softy so I needed a cardigan some evening. When the sun goes down it can feel cool after the hot sun in the day. We went to the Karamboa last year and loved it. I think you are going at the best time of year. Don't forget to register online for your visa, or you will have to queue and pay 25 euros each. You can claim this back from your Thomson rep if this happens. Also be prepared for the 2 euros a day per person payable as soon as you get to your hotel, this is new from May this year. Enjoy

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

thank you...im very excited now..just 9 more days and then i will be there, did u see any camel excursions there? i really want to ride a camel x

20. Re: Riu Touareg or ClubHotel Riu Karamboa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 00:01
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista