We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Touareg or Riu Karamboa for 9 month old?

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Touareg or Riu Karamboa for 9 month old?

Hi,

Seen that both hotels are given 5* rating by Thomsons with the Karamboa coming out slightly cheaper when we want to go in May. Is there much to choose between the hotels and which would be more suited to our 9 month old baby?

Can you please confirm the following:

- the Karamboa beach has smaller waves

- the Karamboa has a fully stocked in room fridge whilst the Touareg hasnt

- neither hotels standard rooms have a bath tub

- both hotels have snack bars during the day serving pizzas, chips etc

- the Touareg beach is nicer

Thanks very much

England
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Touareg or Riu Karamboa for 9 month old?

Hi not sure I can answer all your questions but will answer what I can having been to the Karamboa 3 times and going back in May.

Karamboa is literally 3 mins from the airport but there is no airport noise whilst in the hotel whereas the Touareg is about 30 mins journey.

The sea is very rough at both hotels with some quite big waves but there are pools, they operate a flag system for safety in the sea.

The fridges are not stocked at the Karamboa, you can collect water, still and sparkling from reception anytime.

In the three rooms we have stayed there in no bath and in fact the bathroom is open plan with only the toilet having a door and the shower just a curtain.

Both are Riu hotels and yes I should imagine they both work the same way and the Karamboa does serve food during the day.

The beach at the Karamboa is beautiful and you can take a walk down the beach to Sal Rei whereas I believe there is nowhere to walk to at the Touareg.

If you are going to either hotel make sure you bring everything you need with you as to buy anything is VERY expensive.

Hope that helps

Peterborough, UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Touareg or Riu Karamboa for 9 month old?

That's brilliant thank you so much! May see you next month!

England
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Touareg or Riu Karamboa for 9 month old?

If you have any further questions feel free to ask and I'll try to help.

4. Re: Riu Touareg or Riu Karamboa for 9 month old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista