We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

Hi all. We are going to the karamboa on the 29th of May. And wondered if anybody knows of boat fishing trips for my husband. Looked on the gig ghecos website they have none advertised. Many thanks. Tracey

wigan
Level Contributor
263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

Hello Tracey,Was at the Karamboa Feb 2013 and fished mainly from the shore(which was fantastic) I did do a small boat trip just on the reef about a mile off shore.Cost about 50 Euro pp,enjoyable but not great.Plenty of smallish reef fish caught.This can be booked in the watersports lodge right on the beach in front of the Karamboa. Shore fishing was much better with a cheap telescopic beach rod.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

Hi Taff, many thanks for your reply.

liverpool
Level Contributor
96 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing

just got back yesterday .people who went boat fishing did not fare well -no fish and rough conditions and all felt very overpriced.i beach fished ,forget telescopic rods they are very poor .get yourself a multi piece beachcaster and decent reel.plenty of small shark and moray eels ,gt ,captain fish etc off the beach in front of the hotel .small beach rod rest is a great help.took a multi piece spinning rod as well plenty of small stuff close in .you need everything with you hooks spare line /rigs etc and as many leads as you can as some areas are snaggy.you can buy nothing there .best bait is scad or mackerel bought in the sal rai fish market so take a freezer bag get enough for a few days ice it up and keep it in the fridge.outfishes all other baits .do not forget trace wire otherwise you get bitten off I used 50lb and 3/0 hooks and 4/0 and 100lb and had no problems .make sure you have elastic cotton for whipping baits on and get some micro feathers as you can catch some emergency bait on them if you have nothing else.best times where late aft.drekernoon into dark

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing

Hi. Hope you enjoyed your holiday and thank you for the information.

5. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations