We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Verde Thomson Flights

Which Santa Maria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead UK
Level Contributor
446 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Verde Thomson Flights

Im thinking of going to cape verde for new year but i have been seeing some reports that the thomson flight is not good regarding space and comfort.

Can any one shed some detailed light on it please

Feltham, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Verde Thomson Flights

We got back a week ago and I was really apprehensive about the flight, but it was not that bad if I am honest, yeah its a bit cramped, but was not stupidly uncomfortable, I am not a size 10 either!! :-) It was a 757, which a lot of airlines use for Mid haul flights.

You have to bear in mind that Thompson are the only airline to fly there from the UK, unless you take a non direct flight via Portugal with Tap, its a tiny airport and the runway is small, this is the biggest plane they can get on the Runway, so not sure if any other flights would be any different.

Any queries drop me a message, just got back as I said and I LOVED it!! Cant recomend the place enough.

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Verde Thomson Flights

Not sure what a 757 is... is it 3 each side with one aisle?

Also, which hotel did you stay at? I can't decide!

Feltham, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Verde Thomson Flights

Yep it was 3 seats each side.

We stayed at the Riu, on the garopa side. Both side are the same, use all facilities of each hotel, so I would go for whatever one is cheaper.

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Verde Thomson Flights

The airport at Sal may have a tiny building but the runway itself and the capacity is not small. It is an emergency landing site for the space shuttle so it can handle big planes just fine! It's the airline's choice over whether to improve the service with more spacious planes.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Verde Thomson Flights

If you wish to go do like we did and book the "Extra Legroom seats" We were in the Garopa in March and for us it was the perfect winter chill out.

6. Re: Cape Verde Thomson Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria
Recent Conversations