We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

Exeter, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

My friend and I would like to visit Cape Verde islands early next year. She loves swimming but cannot manage the usual pool ladder. Can anyone tell me whether the above hotels (or any others in the islands!) provide a ramped access with a handrail into the water? Reasonably shallow steps with a handrail might do. Its such an important detail for her but the photos and brchures don't cover it.

Thank you

Olive

Mentioned in this post
Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

I suggest you email the hotel directly clubhotel.funana@riu.com

Newport
Level Contributor
105 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

I can confirm that there IS gentle ramped access with handrail into the large pools :-)

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

I went to the Garopa a few years ago, and the two hotels are mirror images of each other!

We didn't go into the pools at the Funnana but the one in the Garopa does have ramp access into the pool, and a seperate pool with a ladder.

They are beautiful hotels and the staff are amazing! Food was really good too, and I did not get an upset stomach, which I normally do when I go away!!

Can highly recommend these hotels! Enjoy

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

The Odjo D'Agua has steps and handrail, but more importantly is right by the beach, even easier to get it there... NB the pools are COLD (or were last week.) The sea is better.

5. Re: Access to the swimming pool at Riu Funana/Garopa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria