We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Antigo

Which Santa Maria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Forest, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Port Antigo

I am going to Santa Maria in February 2014 and I am having difficulty deciding where to book. I am going with my partner and it is our first trip without kids. Do i book Port Antigo 1 or 2??

I believe there is a hotel between the two, does this obscure any views etc???

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Antigo

They are both very nice and the both have nice views, they are a short distance apart with several other buildings along the coast. PA 2 is closer to the main Santa Maria beach, but it is a really short walk to PA 1.

New Forest, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Antigo

Thank you.

There are mixed reviews about Sal, some saying there is nothing to do and others saying it is great, what is your view?

Southam, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Antigo

Hi

I personally prefer PA 2 and book with owners direct, very good value.

There is as little or as much to do as you want.

A good selection of bars and restaurants and plenty of trips if you want them (I always use Blinky, she can arrange anything and at really good prices.

Great water sports, fishing, whale / dolphin watching. The sea flats are a must, just like swimming in the dead sea.

There is plenty to do, or just sit pool side and enjoy.

PA2 does have it's own private beach and secluded pool.

Have a great time.

cape verde
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Antigo

You can check out a good video for Porto Antigo here mydestination.com/capeverde/accommodation/19…

Have a great time

cheadle hulme
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Antigo

Booked at apartments 3 & 21 on Port Antigo 2 in Feb14

DO NOT book with this owner Paul Joos from Belgium !!

Apartments were double booked,we had to move twice,ended up last 3 days overlooking back street when payed for sea view !!

Sheets still wet from previous guests & no spares so had to get them dry then make up beds .

Broken baby cot

NO gas for 3 days with 2 babies food to prepare- informed Paul by email & text but no response.

Loved Port Antigo 2 but Paul Joos spoilt our happy family holiday & did not even repl;y to me

Last 3 days made to move to a back street view apartment having paid for sea view !

We had no gas for cooking for 3 days which we needed with 2 babies, informed Paul by email & text but NO reply !!!

Harnosand, Sweden
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Antigo

Stayed at PA 1 over new year. Agree that both are very close to what is camled a town. In PA1 a swedish travel agency (ving) rent rooms. That is why we ended up there. Nice pool, nice location. It is not much to do in Sal but that is why we went there. Walks, a trip with Blinkys was al we didi for a week except from sunbathing, eating very good food. Recommend it.

7. Re: Port Antigo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria
Recent Conversations