We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

midlands
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

Have read somewhere kettles are in the room but not sure about it.Also are beach towels complimentary or do we pay deposit for them. One last question do I need a 3 pin plug or 2 pin.Sorry for all the questions, if there is any other information that will be use full please let me know. Will be going next week will it be too windy to sit on beach . Thanks

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,423 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

no the Garopa didn't have kettles in the room when we went and this thread seems to confirm it still doesn't, we had to walk up near reception where the drinks machine dispensed coffee/tea/hot water, think from memory it was two pin but get both sizes of two pin, The garopa/funana has sheltered areas on the beach with a fence behind and slight dunes in front to shield most of the breeze but those sitting next to the sea sometimes propped up sunbeds on there ends to make a shield. We were given towels and you could change them at a hut at the swimming pool

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g482848-i10796-k…

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Ilha do Sal, Santa Maria
Level Contributor
463 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

Electricity voltage is 220v and the plugs are the standard European 2 round pins. Enjoy the sunshine!

midlands
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

Thank you found this very helpful, just can't wait to get there now x

midlands
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

Thank you for the info, found it very helpful x

essex
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

Hi! We have just arrived back from the Garopa and there was a kettle in our room together with a supply of tea bags, coffee sachets and powdered milk. They only supplied polystyrene cups, but we took two from the restaurant and they stayed in our room for the rest of our stay. We also took some fresh milk from the coffe corner in the reception area. There was a fridge in the room and two bottles of water when we arrived. Any further bottles of water you just ask at reception - they keep them under the desk!

They give you one pool towel card per person which you exchange for a towel at a hut in either pool - you can use any of the facilities in the Garopa or Funana as it it really just one hotel! You can have a fresh towel every day by changing them at the huts.

The power sockets are the continental two pin ones and there were several of them in the room - handy for charging phones, kindles etc!

We were on the beach most days. Some people seemed to feel the need to make a wind break with another sunbed but unless you are on the front row of beds it is not too bad - we both came home with nice tans after just a week.

It does cool off quite a bit once the sun goes down so you will probably need a light jacket or sweatshirt for sitting out in a bar or at the entertainment centres at night. I had a denim bomber jacket which was just about right

It is a great hotel - have a lovely holiday!

midlands
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

Thank you for all your info. Got our tickets today can't wait to get there now . Thanks again.

7. Re: Do i need take a travel kettle to La Garopa Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:29