We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Which Santa Maria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

hi, im thinking of booking this new hotel in santa maria, sal for xmas 2014. i wondered if anyone new how the development was going so far ? also im new to cape verde and am hoping the white sandy beaches are as beautiful as advertised ! i am aware the nighlife is not abundant but hoping there are bars/markets etc for things to do. any input would be great. thank you. jane

Stockport
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

It's also been taken off the Melia website :-(,. I was really hoping that I wouldn't need to feel concerned.... I am a little now

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

What do you mean? It's still on the Melia website:

melia.com/en/…index.html

Stockport
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Oh Phew! I logged in on my phone last night and it wasn't on the mobile site, it said the page had been removed and it said only 1 hotel in Cape Verde, it's back now though, maybe I clicked on an old link

1 post
Save Reply
74. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Myself and my husband have booked 24th November. Being hopeful everything will be completed.

Hotel pics look amazing of the planned ones.

Thought Nov was quite a good price pp compared to some months being over 1300pp!

Stockport
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Definitely!

I emailed the hotel about the SPA and restaurants yesterday, waiting on a response

I'm determined this will be a great trip! (am going for my birthday!) haha

Stockport
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Hey guys, I checked the photos beginning of last week and there was the August 13th Gallery but now there is an Aug 22nd, I personally think that there is a big difference and they appear to be cracking on with the construction work at a decent rate

https:/…dbr-construction

Hemel Hempstead...
14 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

This holiday Thomson is selling is a bit different to what is stated on the Melia website. Thomson have said the champagne bar, ice cram bar and coffee bar are all inclusive the Melia website clearly states they are not and local prices apply. There are also a lot more Adults only areas than what is stated on the Thomson website which is no good for us as I've booked this holiday for Xmas with my 4 children as the website said it was a family hotel. I have contacted Thomson who are contacting their head office to confirm exactly what is included. We have paid Caribbean prices to stay here there is already extra charges to eat in the a la carte restaurants without anything else being chargeable!!! I've stayed in a lot of 5 star all inclusive hotels and never been charged to eat in the a la carte restaurants which is fine I booked the hotel knowing this but I don't expect to start paying for things I have been told at point of sale are all inclusive!!

Save Reply
78. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Hi, I got confirmation from thomsons 2 days ago (after having to contact them and get a manager involved) first I was told that the ice cream and champange bar was included then I was told that as part of the AI u were allowed into the bar but the drinks, ice cream were chargeable and that why the * wasn't marked on the ice cream etc (how stupid!) but as I said I finally got this reply, I do feel that thomsons have miss sold this!

have been contacting and speaking to the relevant teams regarding the champagne bar and the ice-cream bar at the Melia Dunas Hotel.

I have checked with our Product Team and the have confirmed that the champagne bar and ice-cream bar are chargeable as per the contract which we have in agreement with the hotel. Therefore I can confirm that the information which has been given to you by the advisors is correct.

Please be advised that when booking an All-Inclusive Holiday, certain aspects of your holiday may not be included such as A La Carte restaurants, sports, and specific bars.

I am sorry if you feel that the information regarding the champagne bar and ice-cream bar was not clear, and please be assured that I have raised this with the Product and the Web Team, and they will be looking at making this clearer on our website as soon as possible.

In regards to the champagne bar, the website does state that "select local alcoholic and soft drinks" are included, and therefore this does not cover all alcoholic beverages. Taking this into consideration, the champagne bar would not fall part of your All-Inclusive.

In addition to the above, the A to Z Guide does state the following:

"Your All Inclusive package may not include bottled water, imported drinks, a la carte meals, or some speciality dishes. Some restaurants expect you to reserve a table and will be subject to availability. Not all bars and restaurants operate on an All Inclusive basis. Also, there may be cash bars once All Inclusive bars close. Bear in mind, under-18s won?t be served alcohol"

The above does again re-iterate that not all parts of the All-Inclusive will be included and therefore there may be charges for certain items. I'm sorry if this was not clear on the actual booking page.

I would like to also take this opportunity to apologise for the incorrect information which has been given to you regarding the champagne bar and the ice-cream bar. Please be assured that we always aim to provide customers with the correct information, and I am sorry if this has not been relayed to you. Please be assured that this will be taken up with the individuals concerned as I appreciate that it has taken quite a length of time in order to provide you with a relevant answer.

I do hope the above does make the situation clearer in regards to the champagne and ice-cream bar and please be assured that your feedback has been passed onto the relevant teams.

Drammen, Norway
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Hi! I spoke with my travel agent from Star Tour (Norwegian Thomson). They had been informed that the construction was on schedule and that everything would be done by November 1th. We have booked for November 25th for a week. Can not wait!

England
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: new development 'melia dunas resort and spa' in santa maria,

Hi,

I just spoke with Thomson about our booking for the 1st Jan in this hotel. We are taking a 14 month old baby and picked this hotel as it included a baby club. I have just been told that they can not guarentee a cot will be available for my baby, it will depend on availabilty on arrival (we have booked a two bedroom suite with cot space). I have also been told that they can not guarentee that the baby club building will be finished in time for our arrival. When I asked to transfer my booking as I am afraid it will not be suitable I was told it will all be complete and then they tried to sell me private transfers and airport car parking! Frankly I don't think they know themselves. I was also told that we would hear from them nearer the time if building work is not complete, it sounds like the info they have is very patchy. I'm not impressed with Thomson's, we have been to Mexico with them and had a great holiday but I am very concerned that there will be nothing on arrival in terms of facilities for my child.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria