We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

Which Santa Maria hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

My wife and I has settled on these two hotels for our holiday to Santa Maria,we know they are next to each other and you can use the facilities in both. But we were wondering which one has the better rooms and customer care to book into. Also could someone tell me the dress code for the resturants please.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

I went in the early days and both hotels are really the same but just a mirror image of one another, the rooms in the Garopa were fine and would have thought the rooms are exactly the same. The restrictions are that each has it's own dining hall and reception but everything else is shared. I can't remember the dress code but in the evenings it had a chilly wind so I would have worn long trousers

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

just back this week we stayed in fanuna but viewed friends room in grapona and they were exactly same share all facilities including dinning areas only difference is some fanana rooms have beach view and you check in and out of own reception wouls advice book the cheapest as they are same hotel

yorkshire england
Level Contributor
160 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

forgot to say dress code is smart casual lots of people wore shorts and t shirts some dressed up do have rule about tops on in snack bars

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

Thank you all for your help,gone for the Garopa next July. Never been to Cape Verde really looking forward to it. Normally do Greece or Turkey.

Andover, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

Hi, what is the best currency to take, pounds sterling or euros? Please can you advise :)

Edited: 15 August 2014, 20:17
Andover, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

Going in 4 weeks dunno whether to take euros or pounds sterling ???????

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,075 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

I would take euros as you are not going to get many exchange places other than the hotels

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Ilha do Sal, Santa Maria
Level Contributor
439 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

Definitely Euro's. You will receive any change in local currency though which you'll need to exchange before leaving the country.

9. Re: Riu Garopa 0r Riu Funana ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria
Recent Conversations