We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

1 post
Save Topic
Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

I'm doing an GAP Adventures tour of Tanzania - climbing Kili, then a bit of Safari and the trip ends in Zanzibar. I want to stay on in Zanzibar and I'm assuming i'll be on my own (unless fellow travellers who i meet on the tour plan to stay on). I want to do some diving and generally relax, but i want to make sure i can meet up with other single travellers - any ideas on where is best to stay for this kind of thing? Also i'm 27 and while i enjoy a party i don't necessarily want to be with a bunch of over excitable kids!

I've been looking at Coral Rock Hotel in Jambiani (south east coast) - has anyone any thoughts on this as a place to stay?

Any suggestions would be much appriciated.

Luxury Short Safari
Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Super Safari
Private Tours, Safaris
Bashasha Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Safaris, Multi-day Tours
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

What is matter here is environment which make solo travellers to feel as apart of community.

But all this rely on your attitude to be with others,to be friendly etc.

For Beach Hotel take North Coast.Rest of Coast are so quite and Hotels are distance to each other.

But North Coast is the best for all water Sport Activities.On top of that,the Villagers are so friendly to Tourists and will get a time to be with them and experience the real local life.

You will see Dhow Builders and Turtle Aquarium around the Village.If you are lucky you may Go to Kendwa Beach for Full moon Party which is about 10 minutes by Car and about 7 Minutes by Local Motor Boat.

Hotels are like Mnarani Beach Cottage,Langi Langi beach Bungalows,Nungwi Inn,Amaan Bungalows,Nungwi Village Beach resort etc.Depend on Your Budget.

Alternatively at Kendwa Village,Sunset Kendwa Beach Bungalows or Whitesands Beach Bungalows

Be care with beach boys,some other time they can sell a Marijuana to foreigner who use it, and at the sametime they go to police to report which will make you to be arrested and Police need money which they will share with them.No case will proceed.(Sorry,I dont mean that you are the one,just a piece of advice).

Mt. Pleasant, MI
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

It sounds like you're in my situation. I will be traveling alone in Zanzibar from May 28th to June 1st. Let me know if you hear anything, and feel free to message me, too.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

Head north. Not many people down at Jambani at the moment.. try Nungwi. Much better place for single travellors.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

That not bad Hotel a bit of enjoying and quite place

But if you need more croud I highly recommend

Noth cost at Nungwi or kendwa

Thanks for your kind attention

Regards - Amana Zanzibar

5. Re: Single traveller in Zanzibar end of may - where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 07:22