We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

I understand it's a new hotel. Has it offically opened or are they still working on it? We were looking to go in September and there is not much posted about it yet. It looks beautiful. Any pros or cons for it's location on the island?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,953 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

It was supposed to have a 'soft' opening in June. So, a bit early for reviews.

I'll check the web site to see if its been updated.

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

I e-mailed the hotel and have not received a reply. I wonder if it's too much of a risk to try and book with them in August. The place looks really nice!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,852 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

Until Kilindi (or any other property anywhere in the world) have their soft-opening and work out any kinks, I'd hold off.

If anything like Shompole, it won't come cheap!

Cape Town
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

When we stayed in Kendwa last July, we took a walk along the beach southwards and came across a beautiful secluded cove with a new development that was obviously the new Kilindi resort. The setting was stunning and the style of it even at that stage was most appealling. It is also positioned within walking distance of the beautiful long Kendwa beach with its charming beach restaurants and lots of local fishing activity for an added dynamic. It had a very different layout to the big resort style hotels of Zanzibar that we saw.

I look very forward to hearing more about this place.If you do go there, please report back.

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

Kilindi is officially open and rates are now US$600 per person per night All Inclusive for 2 sharing one of their unique 'Pavilion' spaces. It's a beautiful beach location where you get sunset over the sea and a view of Tumbatu island. Provides ease of access to Kendwa and Nungwi, but further from dolphin swimming, Jozani forest or Stone Town.

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

Thanks! I just wish they would respond to my e-mails now.

Marlow, BUCKS
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

I have spoken to a few agents in the UK and they have seen it - it is meant to be amazing. The food (head chef worked with some top chefs in the UK), the manager and the spa have all got highly qualfied individuals working there. They have 15 pavillions (accommodation) scattered around a massive site covered in lush vegetation (they have their own gardens growing local fresh produce) and there is a sense of wanyting to give back to the environment (measures in place to catch rainwater and use it to tehri advantage). It's cleverly thought out is the impression I get. The pool is meant to be massive - 50metres and an infinity one at that and the sea and beach is the best in Zanzibar. Note - there is no tide here as there is with other places in Zanzibar and the sun sets at the north, again something you do not see elsewhere on the island. They have already had some reviews, Conde Nast and a sunday supplement and although only opened for 6 months this place is got a lot going for it. We are going in September and I can't wait - hope this helps a bit.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,953 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

Thanks for the detail, Jimmy. I suspect, though, that the sun sets in the west. Certainly it did when I was at Fumba Beach at the south of the island.

:-)

NYC
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

Just wanted to follow up that Kelindi did get back to me. it took a couple of days the first time but i think that was just growing pains. We have not booked with them yet but it looks beautiful.

New York
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Reports on the new Kilindi hote?

We are planning our honeymoon as well, and considering Kilindi. Have yet to find out much about it. Will pass on what we find.