We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Nungwe please?

We will be celebrating a special anniversary (30 years –gulp!!) during our stay in September (at Flame Tree cottages, before heading down to Pongwe & then onto stone town) & we would like to go somewhere a bit special to eat that night -still a couple of old romantics after all these years!

The only review I can find on here is for Langi Langi, but was wondering about the Z hotel (as it gets excellent reviews) do they do dinners for non residents?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lindi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

A big congratulations for your anniversary.

I've eaten dinner at the Langi Langi and it was beautiful. We ordered a fish about lunch time then turned back up at 7pm. Well worth it.

Also worth a look in Stone Town, Beyt al Chai Restaurant. It was amazing.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Thanks Kime - thats great we'll check it out.

I meant to say Nungwi not Nungwe - so glad you know where I mean!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

No problems. You should also try to do an sunset Dhow cruise... take a bottle of bubbly (or three in my case!!) and very romantic afternnon

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Thanks Kime - the sunset Dhow cruise sounds like a lovely idea.

Do we do this in Nungwi or Stonetown, & is it easy enough to buy bottle of bubbly to take?

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

I think that you can do a sunset cruse from lots of points around the island. If you’re in Stone Town there is one that meets at the Serena Inn. Contact your agent or ask the hotel reception to arrange it.

For the bubbly – try a hotel bar, I’m sure they will help you out.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

I would prob buy a special bottle or two at Stone Town. There is a bottle O (booze shop) just across from the post office in Stone Town. Then ask your hotel to put it in the fridge for you then take it with you..

Not so romantic. but you can buy chips/pringles/nuts at the beach dukas (shops).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Forgot to say I did mine up at Nungwi

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Hi Lindi,

The Z Hotel is the Best option.Nice restaurant good view of the Sunset.Aso they can give you a special things if you did a booking in advance as special request for your anniversary(Dinner Special).

Take Dhow Cruise as an alternative as sometime weather is rough and you can not enjoy any sort of dinning there.

Regards,

zanzilandholidays

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

Thanks Guys – I assume it’s easy enough to book a Dhow Cruise in Nungwi?

We are staying there for longer than Stonetown so will have more time to do it there.

I think we’ll have to try both the Langi Langi & the one at the Z hotel – I guess the Z will be pricey but as it’s for a special occasion we don’t mind!

6 weeks today & we’ll be on our way – can’t wait!

10. Re: A good restaurant in Nungwe please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 05:18