We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks & one final question

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks & one final question

Hi All,

Just to say thanks for the invaluable information on these pages. It is both informative for planning and also a joy to read some of the posts and feedback. We are off this week for a safari with Achmed and his highly aclaimed team in Basecamp then a few days in Zanzibar. Can't wait.

One last question on Zanzibar if I may. We are staying in Nungwi but haven't got the last night booked anywhere yet. Our flight out is at midday. Is it possible to get public transport from Nungwi at this hour to get us there or should we come back to stonetown the night before we fly.

Thanks again for all the help,

Noel & Emily

Houston
Level Contributor
143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks & one final question

Sorry, I can't answer your question since I don't leave for my trip until next February. But I'm also staying at Nungwi and I'll be very interested in hearing about your experiences when you return! Hope you have a wonderful trip! :)

Deborah

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks & one final question

Hi

Well its about a two hour drive by taxi, the local transport stops more often, i would think more about missing my flight and use a taxi :-) no need to overnight in Stone town though

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks & one final question

the public transport is too unreliable and you could miss your flight due to that. With the new roads it takes about an hour to an hour 15 mins to get from Nungwi to the airport and cost of a taxi is about $50.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks & one final question

Youcan also organise with a shuttle with your lodge to pick you up.. about $US10 each

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks & one final question

Dont even think to try this,

Local Buses will make you to miss your flight and will be no option if will breakdown.

Just book a sharing shuttle bus for US$ 10 and all Hotels in Nungwi organize this.

But you should be aware on the time,they dont go in time if they dont have enough passengers,these are not scheduled vehicles.Be Care

The best and confortable option is to take a private transport which ranges from US$ 40-50 per vehicle.

Regards,

zanzilandholidays

6. Re: Thanks & one final question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 05:18