We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

Fort Drum, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

Hello,

I have looked through the threads from solo travellers but have not found too too much information that answers my questions. I am looking for a good recommendation for a place to stay while in Zanzibar. I am an experienced traveller who has stayed in backpackers hostels to 5 star resort and can enjoy what both extremes have to offer. I am looking for something more 'beach' authentic and not a hotel (palm leaves welcome). I am a 24year old female travelling alone from Dec 21-26 on the island. I would like to pay no more than $50USD a night, up to $70 is ok depending on the property.

I would like somewhere that is also not total relaxation and seclusion as well. I do enjoy the social aspect of evening gatherings and don't want to be surrounded be only couples and families.

Anu suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you in advance =)

Tina

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

Hey try these threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g482884-i9487-k300…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g482884-i9487-k302…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g482884-i9487-k274…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g482884-i9487-k273…

Up north is te best. Not too many families and this is where most singles head out for the evening

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

The north of the island has got good beaches, have a look at sunset bungalows or Kendwa rocks. I like Matemwe the most on the island, personnaly, it is a long stretch of beach, lots of hotels and small establishments, have a look at Nyota or Sele's bungalows. With The north, Nungwi or Kendwa and Matemwe there is also great snorkeling and diving. I find there are always loads of other interesting people to interact with in these areas.

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

Matemwe is on the North East coast.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

My suggestion would be to get your bookings in as soon as possible. The time you will be there is the highest of the high seasons, with prices and availability according.

ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

Hi Tina,

My name is Roxanne and I live in Ottawa. My 15 yr old dgt and I are going to Zanzibar in July. Can you offer any advise on where to stay and what you learned while there, to make the most of our trip.

thanks for any and all info.

Roxanne

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

Hi Roxanne,

Just take North coast.

Because will have more options of activities for Children ,i.e. varieties of water sports,walking around the village,go to turtle aquarium,sunset cruising,water skiing,kayaking,snorkeling to the best reefs.

Rest of coast will be for beach leisure with less activities.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

7. Re: Accommodation Recommendation for Solo Traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 08:17