We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chumbe, mafia or elsewhere

Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
chumbe, mafia or elsewhere

My wife and I are hoping to spend a few days - a week at either Mafia island, Chumbe island or some place on Zanzibar island. Our main priorities are snorkeling, hopefully from shore, privacy and nice beaches. We would be going around early to mid december and if we could see whale sharks that would be great. Neither of us drink. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chumbe, mafia or elsewhere

We stayed on Chumbe Island last year and loved it. There is no snorkelling from shore in order to preserve the coral in the area.

Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: chumbe, mafia or elsewhere

As ever it depends on your personal preferences which are always hard to be totally sure on from here. That said, check out Pole Pole for Mafia, it’s beautiful but too quiet for some. If you opt for Zanzibar look for something near the Matemwe area on the north east coast, there are several good options choose from, this will put you near to Mnemba Island which arguably offers some of the best snorkelling in the area.

I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
3. Re: chumbe, mafia or elsewhere

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2011, 05:16