We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
11 posts
Save Topic
Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

Hi there

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice before I book my flights! I was thinking of booking a flight from Zanzibar to Kilimanjaro on the 30th June. It arrives at Kilimanjaro at 17:00 and my departing flight back to Dublin is at 19:40. I'm not sure how reliable the flights are and am wondering if there is enough time to connect or if I should book an earlier flight, or even book a flight the day before? Any advice appreciated!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,002 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

It should be OK. Is your departing 19.40 flight KLM by chance? If so why not get on at DAR at around 22.00 as it stops there too. You can book AMS-JRO and DAR-AMS at no extra cost.

Dar es Salaam...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

If your outboard flight is KLM or Kenya Airways KQ - you can connect it from Dar es Salaam with no problem, (there are plenty of small aircraft fly from Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam, takes only 20minutes)

Otherwise 2:40minutes is enough to connect your flight.

On your Precision ticket booking make them know that you will be connecting another flight.

thanks

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

Precison Air are reliable and will manage to connect your flight.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

nyc
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

If it's the KLM flight, best to get it at DAR, departing about midnight. Believe last flight from ZNZ maybe 6pm which leaves a bit of layover, but better than flying to JRO. If you fly to JRO that KLM plane will only take off and land 1/hr later at DAR to pick-up paxs and then head to AMS.

dublin
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, you have all been really helpful. The flight I'm looking at is the KLM to Amsterdam flight and I hadn't realised it flew to DAR from Kilimanjaro. That makes life much easier... I'll go and book them now!! Thanks again...

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,002 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

DUB-AMS-JRO and back DAR-AMS-DUB would work well. Coming back you get into AMS well in time to carry on home.

7. Re: Enough time to connect at Kilimanjaro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 06:17