We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

If so what was it like ? are they good ? how expensive ? any comments please

thinking of doing 4 nights Serengeti and 10 nights Zanzibar ? how much with a balloon @ dawn and in Oct 2011

Thanks Lots Sharon x

33 replies to this topic
Dubai
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Do not use this Company.

They sold us a luxury honeymoon package that was awful...

Selous Reserve - Avoid it

School Dinners - a Big 5 Camp that actually had not seen a Rhino in 5 years.

Camp inside reserve that was actually an hour outside so several wasted hours a day.

Claimed to have been to the camp but never been there.

I could say more but as we are currently suing them in court I think you will get the message...

Edited: 25 November 2013, 06:13
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

I have found Ed Very helpful and friendly during the booking of our Honeymoon,

Once we have been, I will update further.

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Ok, so TA won’t remove the avoid avoid avoid post despite it being untrue. We suggested several options however these clients wanted to save money and booked one of the best value safari camps we offer – Selous Riverside (although this is a bit beside the point). Last year our team visited this particular property on two separate occasions (ask to speak to Bruce or Jennifer), and we did not sell this as a Big 5 camp as rhino sightings are sadly too rare. This client also complained in resort at every other property we booked for him, demanding freebies as nothing was good enough. Upon his return he demanded all of his money back plus £10,000 in compensation payable in 7 days or it would increase and threatened to talk to his ‘mate’ at a well-known newspaper who he assured would run this as a front page story…. Unless of course we paid out. If there is a polite word to describe this ‘gentleman’ I’m afraid I don’t know it. Hopefully you can see this post for what it is.

Ultimately he decided to drop things after we insisted he spoke with ABTA and for the record we are not being sued by anyone.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 15:16
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Yes I have - and they were brilliant. John our advisor was knowledgeable/patient and helpful. Brilliant holiday to Zanzibar and Selous at the cheapest package price I could possibly find. highly recommend. A seamless effortless trip!! Use them - they are good!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

We used Pure Zanzibar to organise our holiday for us in Tanzania and they did a fantastic job. My husband and I requested 1 night in Tarangire, 1 in lake Manyara, 2 or 3 in the Serengeti, 1 or 2 in Ngorongoro and a week on Zanzibar. Our guide, Exaud, was amazing - extremely knowledgeable with excellent English, the hotels were of a high standard, the service superb and the food wonderful. We should, in hindsight, have had 2 nights in Tarangire, possibly at the expense of Manyara, but that was our fault, not theirs. We stayed for 5 nights in Unguja Lodge, in the South east of Zanzibar, which was completely fantastic, and 1 night in the Zanzibar Palace Hotel in Stonetown, which was also good. All in all Pure Zanzibar served us extremely efficiently and professionally. We couldn't have asked for more and we have no hesitation in fully recommending them.

Easton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

We had a marvelous time on a safari arranged by Pyre Zanzibar. Zanzibar being a lovely end to a wonderful Safari. You could not find a better outfit to go with. They really made sure everything was taken care of. John Gaze was very helpful

Easton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

One more accolade for Pure Zanzibar, out guide Felix was wonderful with lots of knowledge and a good command of English. It made the trip of a lifetime more memorable

2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

Doesnt not respond to emails, spent days following up on our complaints and queries. They had no customer empathy, did not take any ownership for the errors made by their team. Very disappointed and upset..We lost alot of money with the mistake and trust we had with this company. Spent hours on the phone and sending emails to them. They did not even meet us half way and take responsibility for an email communication that they had made. I really hope that noone experiences what we have experienced.

2 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

We had booked our safari and hotel with them. We lost our international flights and our safari hotel booking and safari days because of an email confirmation one of the Pure Zanzibar team made. We went to the airport and got stuck and lost everything. We asked them to at least compensate us or help us because the email was misleading and they had confirmed to us that all was confirmed and set. We had a very terrible experience.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?

I got a quote from Pure Zanzibar but they were more expensive than Stylish Resorts who I booked with. The lady at PZ was very helpful though and offered to beat the price.

Reply to: Has anyone used Pure Zanzibar ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted